Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Olympics are bordering on $hit show territory

Good, it is idiotic to have this now.  I feel for the athletes but I'm sure most understand.

Plus who wants to have the greatest moment of their life in front of little to no crowds.

Had a year to get this shit under control. We are one fucked up species.

COVID cases are rising again, and there's no fans allowed to attend anyways. If I'm some random Japanese citizen, what is the benefit to having the Olympics in my country right now?
Not at all surprised the local public support is waning.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
COVID cases are rising again, and there's no fans allowed to attend anyways. If I'm some random Japanese citizen, what is the benefit to having the Olympics in my country right now?
Not at all surprised the local public support is waning.
the billions spent on getting the event,  building the facilities, and then loading up to actually host the event... and then near zero payback... this will be an economic disaster for Japan.... or an average day for the US govt.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Unlike the cov-idiots here the Japanese people didnt have access to the vaccine. Its not their fault. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Unlike the cov-idiots here the Japanese people didnt have access to the vaccine. Its not their fault. 
It’s always a treat to listen to uneducated people pontificate.  Educated people know that there are risks from taking the vaccine and other risks from not taking the vaccine.  There is a reason the vaccines are not fully approved at this point, and why the government is under reporting the number of cases with side effects.  The real news does reach the public even as the government colludes with social media and the mainstream media to hide the true numbers. They also understand that our government and media have lied to us whenever it’s to their advantage to do so.  Your so-called cov-idiots might have a brain and actually not believe everything that is spoon fed them by this corrupt government and media.  
Also, if Japanese citizens aren’t to blame, why didn’t they elect a government that worked in collaboration with the US on project Warp Speed or come up with it on their own?  Your points are invalidated by their reliance on inconsistent logic.  Project Warp Speed is the reason we are overflowing with dosages of the vaccine. Other than that, your post was well thought out.  

Looks like the people of Japan are pretty excited about the Olympics (sarcasm alert):

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id...lives-back

Not sure ESPN has the most credibility on anything sports wise, but yeah I can imagine the people are not happy with the government okaying thousands of people coming into the country while the citizens are still locked down.  But that has been pretty much every gov't when it comes to arbitrary rules.

If they cancel the games before they actually start,  it'll show that Covid is still a problem.

If the games get started, IMO they won't be completed,  and it'll be obvious there's a problem.

Either way will lead to bad outcome IMO

Just like cruise ships in 2020, the 2021 Tokyo Olympics is a giant  petri dish that will show what's really unfolding.

All of  this is happening during the Northern Hemisphere  summer months =   not good