Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S is all of a sudden a major need on this team...
Dirty Harry has a year or 2 left?

Harris is year to year contractually? Right? 

Harris has sucked all year, they need to find his replacement this off-season. Hopefully find Harry's this year or next.

Harrison Smith has one year left after this year and Harris was tagged therefore he's a free agent after this year. I still think Smith is a good player, he's been forced to be all over the field this year due to young corners and Harris being crap. I'd like to see him extended with a cap reduction, but Harris is gone. Definitely need to address Safety in the draft or through trade/FA

Vikings need to be active in FA this year. They don't have enough quality picks to cover all their needs.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Vikings need to be active in FA this year. They don't have enough quality picks to cover all their needs.
Sure, but they have no money to really be active. Quite the catch-22

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@kmillard said:
They have some deadweight to cut which will add up, also by being active in fA I am not so much thinking about the top dollar players more looking through the bargain bins.) I will say with the cap going down and some other new realities, there could be some quality bargains to be had this year.

I think Harry may lead the list of re-structures...

@Hawkvike25 said:
@kmillard said:
They have some deadweight to cut which will add up, also by being active in fA I am not so much thinking about the top dollar players more looking through the bargain bins.) I will say with the cap going down and some other new realities, there could be some quality bargains to be had this year.
It will take a lot of willingness from current players to get the deadweight to add up. Spotrac already has us $5MM over the projected cap and that's likely met by cutting Rudolph. You have to factor in a few million for the rookie class so then we are back to $5MM or so over the cap. Will need to cut/restructure: Barr, Reiff, Harrison Smith, and then a few smaller deals.

Harris is definitely gone. I hope Harrison can be restructured.

Yes, it is. I think the odds of both of them coming back are under 10%. Since Harry's older and we can save $10.2 and be left with zero dead money, always thought that it would be Harry leaving. But Anthony Harris couldn't tackle a rag doll with its pants down on Friday. So who knows.

Another thing is that Harris is not on the estimated $179M cap that we keep hearing about for 2021. So if we want him, we have to add him to that overage. 

Either way, safety will very likely be one of our early picks in the draft.