Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
....and so ends another exciting season of Vikings football..............
I didn't feel bad today but I then I predicted the outcome.  This team is very predictable at this point and I think that's why I've sort of gotten very detached about them.  I don't believe in Rick, Zim or Wilf.  They want to sell me shit week after week and year after year and call it shinola.  Not buying.  They're gonna just grind away at the same strategy that doesn't work and I'm not investing emotionally in that trash.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Jor-El said:
@supafreak84 said:
Look...this season is a wash, mulligan, or whatever you want to call it. Zim is a proven coach who has had this team in playoff contention almost every OTHER year. Covid, no preseason, injuries, and trying to implement a ton of young players into key roles and get them up to speed has been a no win situation for the team. The best thing that could come out of it considering everything is playing time for the young guys and us getting a decent draft pick in a draft with some pretty impressive talent.  Let's get everybody back, load up in the draft and free agency, and run this back next season. I can guarantee a much better result
Fixed it for you. 

He's a few games over .500 when his schedule is easier, a few games under after a season when he gets 10 wins and the schedule is harder. There is no steady progress. There won't be. But as for "much better result" next year - well, sure, they are going to play the softer schedule given to teams that finish 6-10 or 7-9. "Better result" than this season? How hard will that be??

Covid, no preseason - so why isn't every team in the league lousy this year? They all dealt with it - many did so better. Injuries? Wait for the injury-free season and you are guaranteed to never contend. We needed a bunch of young players because Zimmer let all the draft capital invested in his defense dissipate. For years we heard the offense couldn't provide what his defense needed. Well, what does he need now?

Excuses every year here, enabled by fans who are so afraid of the ghost of Les Frazier. Be brave, go for excellence.

Because every other team in the league didn't have a roster purge this offseason due to cap constraints.  It happens to every team, it was just the Vikings year to pay the piper. Because of the cap purge the Vikings have had more rookies playing snaps then every team in the league outside of Carolina and Jacksonville, who are both awful. There is a direct correlation.  Those aren't excuses....those are facts
Well if you want to talk cap issues,  this offseason is very likely to have  its share of cap related issues as well cresting more excuses for next year.

Should I mention we played the bulk of the year without 8 starters from the prior year's defence?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Should I mention we played the bulk of the year without 8 starters from the prior year's defence?

There's definitely reasons to be hopeful, just as there are reasons to be doubtful. And I'm not saying this is you, but the people who don't acknowledge both sides are the only ones who are wrong.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

There's definitely reasons to be hopeful, just as there are reasons to be doubtful. And I'm not saying this is you, but the people who don't acknowledge both sides are the only ones who are wrong.
This is true. But it's true for every team, every season.

You have to admit...the Vikings had a very unusual amount of injuries to impact players...that coincided with the year we went young in the secondary...that coincided with the year of Covid that knocked out our only free agent signing and prevented any kind of preseason training for rookie corners playing in a notoriously complicated Zimmer defense.