Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now they have the Vikings taking a CB

Despite Zimmer's love for the position I don't see CB being the pick.  It's going to be a very interesting draft this year with a lot of talent. Some good offensive line talent, loaded once again at WR, and Kyle Pitts is a beast. 

Really need to build up the two lines.

They shouldn't look at any other position other than offensive or defensive line.  Dozier can't anchor against the pass rush and Hunter is a big question mark coming off of a major injury.  They can't pressure the quarterback and have a hard time stopping the run consistently.

They also need to try and get a 2nd round pick back somehow.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Despite Zimmer's love for the position I don't see CB being the pick.  It's going to be a very interesting draft this year with a lot of talent. Some good offensive line talent, loaded once again at WR, and Kyle Pitts is a beast. 
Kyle Pitts is unbelievable...

That might be like passing on Randy Moss egregious. I doubt he gets to where the Vikings will be drafting though. I suspect they will be somewhere in that #12 area. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
Kyle Pitts is unbelievable...

That might be like passing on Randy Moss egregious. I doubt he gets to where the Vikings will be drafting though. I suspect they will be somewhere in that #12 area. 

Agreed, Kiper has him #7 overall in the newest rankings.  Should be gone top 10

Two Hawkeyes with good fits for Vikes. Davison Nixon DL.  Currently around the 10th overall area.  Shaun Beyer, totally underutilized TE out of Iowa who is a great blocker and big time athlete. Somewhere around Rd 4-5 would make sense 

We are good at corner. These young guys have plenty of talent, they just get zero help from the line. I don’t care who your corner is, they can’t cover a guy forever with Aaron Rodgers having all day to throw the ball. Right now, almost any QB we play can take a smoke break back there. Very little pressure.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
Two Hawkeyes with good fits for Vikes. Davison Nixon DL.  Currently around the 10th overall area.  Shaun Beyer, totally underutilized TE out of Iowa who is a great blocker and big time athlete. Somewhere around Rd 4-5 would make sense 
Daviyon may be their first round pick, he's been a monster this year. I've personally known Shaun Beyer since I was a kid and have watched him develop over the last handful of years. Before high school he was a really good wrestler and then quit to focus on football and track once high school hit. If invited to the combine, I think he posts some good numbers and sees his stock rise. I dont know if he will be taken in the 4th round, but i'd be ok with taking him in the 5th or 6th.