Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chauvin sentenced

He got the max, right?

Max is 40 years. Defense wanted probation and time served, hell to the no. The prosecution wanted 30. The judge wrote a 22 page explanation on the sentencing.

So what does this mean for mnpls this weekend?  Is this gonna get the torches fired up,  or will this be viewed as justice?

Also,   when does parole come into play?

Oh for F sake, Mn and Mpls arent burning...Still a damn good place to live and it'll get even better tomorrow

Over/Under for me was 18, so 22 wasn't a surprise

Cahill was the right judge for this high profile case. All law, no BS 

GL in prison to Chauvin

Eligible for parole I believe after 2/3 of sentence completed, he's a relatively young man @ 45

He's got bigger worries that yesterday. Ucoming Fed case =  potential for life imprisonment 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Oh for F sake, Mn and Mpls arent burning...Still a damn good place to live and it'll get even better tomorrow

GL in prison to Chauvin

Eligible for parole I believe after 2/3 of sentence completed, he's a relatively young man @ 45

He's got bigger worries that yesterday. Ucoming Fed case =  potential for life imprisonment 
That was my question,   how was this going to be viewed by the more radical elements.  Would they think 15 years ( factoring in parole) is justice or would they be satisfied?  I thought it was a pretty fair question considering how barerio has been describing the lawlessness in parts of downtown since last summer.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

GL in prison to Chauvin

That was my question,   how was this going to be viewed by the more radical elements.  Would they think 15 years ( factoring in parole) is justice or would they be satisfied?  I thought it was a pretty fair question considering how barerio has been describing the lawlessness in parts of downtown since last summer.

[Image: 200.gif]

There is absolutely no doubt (or denying) the issues Mpls has had to deal with and racial inequities are huge in MN. 

But I am convicted the quality of life (for whites at least) is great and I have hope for tomorrow. 

And (as long as we're on the sensitive topics board and I'm on a soap-box) I'll bring politics into it cause they're part of the problem'

Mpls Mayor Jacob Frey is well over his head, handled last summer incredibly poorly. I dont think will get re-elected, wont get my vote. 

My wife thinks he's hot as hell though - therefore he will get her's.  

My comments re the Mpls City Council arent fit for even the ST board. Therefore, I'll keep them to myself. 

Rant over...Have a great Saturday folks!! 

[Image: 37c7a7419c07a1b91038e336c23cd299.jpg]

I made you think of that Looney Toon music didn't I?

Sounds like Chauvin is trying to cop a plea with Fed's...