Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sitting @ .500 with 4 remaining...
3 of the last 4 on the road...In a regular year that might seem daunting, but this year?

That said, schedule appears more difficult than what they just finished-up.

Is this Vikings team .500 when the dust settles? That's my bet

@ Bucs
Bears
@ SAints
@ Lions

Probably....a lot depends on the health of Kendricks. It's not a great defense even with him, but it's terrible without him. 

Bucs might be as schizophrenic as us...

0.0% of knowing with this team. Guessing is like this with this organization:

[Image: pissing.jpg]

If that Viking team that beat GB could come back, we might go 3-1 or run the table.  It seems like that was our peak.  I'm thinking we beat the Bears and Lions, and probably not the other two.

The team that played last weekend would go 0-4 in those games, but the team we are capable of being could easily go 4-0.  I think our offense is as good as anyone's in the NFC and is good enough to carry our defense if they play up to their potential.  

Our problem is our offense often beats themselves with mental errors and with all the talent we have, we don't take advantage of our playmakers.  Justin Jefferson is 4th in the league in receiving yards and 25th in passes targeted to, Diggs has 40 more targets, we have a 6'6" TE who had two passes thrown his way last week and is 136th in the league in targets with 3 a game.  We have a lot more talent on offense than just Cook and we need to stop asking him to carry the load and spread the ball around, which in turn would make him an even more effective RB. It is frustrating to watch all this offense on the field just wilt most weeks.  Look at Bisi Johnson when he had a chance to shine two weeks ago.  We need to get more creative and keep the defense guessing instead of just handing off to Cook most of our plays.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
The team that played last weekend would go 0-4 in those games, but the team we are capable of being could easily go 4-0.  I think our offense is as good as anyone's in the NFC and is good enough to carry our defense if they play up to their potential.  

Our problem is our offense often beats themselves with mental errors and with all the talent we have, we don't take advantage of our playmakers.  Justin Jefferson is 4th in the league in receiving yards and 25th in passes targeted to, Diggs has 40 more targets, we have a 6'6" TE who had two passes thrown his way last week and is 136th in the league in targets with 3 a game.  We have a lot more talent on offense than just Cook and we need to stop asking him to carry the load and spread the ball around, which in turn would make him an even more effective RB. It is frustrating to watch all this offense on the field just wilt most weeks.  Look at Bisi Johnson when he had a chance to shine two weeks ago.  We need to get more creative and keep the defense guessing instead of just handing off to Cook most of our plays.  
Everything you just described stems from poor coaching.

@ Bucs
Bears
@ SAints
@ Lions

I see a likely win with the Bears - they seem to have quit - and a likely loss to the Saints.  I know we have had some big victories over New Orleans and I love beating them...but I think they will have last year's playoff loss playing in their locker room for the week beforehand and will be really fired up for us.

So that leaves the Bucs and Lions, and those two seem uncertain. The Lions, partly because they seem to have a bit more life after firing Patricia, but mostly because final game of the season could be meaningless for both teams. If we have at least 8 wins we should be fired up to crush them.

Tampa is a mystery to me. They are on a 2-game losing streak but they lost close games to strong teams and are coming off a bye. 

I think we're 7-8 when we face the Lions and that game will depend on whether it has any meaning to either team.

if the offense comes out run first this week we lose by 2 to 3 scores,  I hope like hell Zimmer knows that this will be a race to 40 if he wants to have a chance in this.  take the load off Cook and let Cousins show why he should even be considered for another 2 years.

This is the one game we need a pass rush