Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Cousins
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Which is more likely: finding the next Mahomes or the next Trubisky?
Neither if you don't even take the chance Smile

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
The Cousins contract situation is such a broken record at this point. I understand the purpose of message boards is to discuss topics like these but can we wait until after the season is done and we need to make a decision before the deadline hits with his fully guaranteed salary for that year? He's not getting traded during the season, let's let it rest for a bit.
It's not really about his contract (for me) as it is why we should/could still draft a Top QB very early and possibly move up for one.  So my perspective is to ignore the contract (stuck) and have some conviction.  

Seems that they either fully commit to upgrading around Cousins, keep him next year and draft a qb or move on. If they can get a guard that would help a great deal. Also with Pierce and hopefully Hunter next year, the defense would be better and the rookies will have gained experience. They have to figure out the offense in games where passing is going to be more important. Not every game is going to be about Cook. When they pick which door they want, we'll know what the plan is. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Which is more likely: finding the next Mahomes or the next Trubisky?
Neither if you don't even take the chance Smile
I'm definitely willing to take a chance when it doesn't involve either taking a massive cap hit or having the worldest most expensive backup QB.