Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just shut up, Barry
In an interview with the Breakfast Club radio show on Wednesday, reported by The Guardian newspaper, Obama said one of the reasons Trump managed to secure a record-breaking number of votes in his defeat to Joe Biden was that Republicans have created and perpetuated "the sense that white males are victims."
"What's always interesting to me is the degree to which you've seen created in Republican politics the sense that white males are victims," Obama told the Breakfast Club radio show.
"They are the ones who are under attack — which obviously doesn't jive with both history and data and economics.
"But that's a sincere belief, that's been internalized, that's a story that's being told and how you unwind that is going to be not something that is done right away."
Obama said that pushing this narrative helped Trump secure the highest number of votes for any sitting president in American history, despite his administration "objectively" having "failed, miserably, in handling just basic looking after the American people and keeping them safe."

HOWEVER::  White men swung to Biden. Trump made gains with black and Latino voters. Why? | US politics | The Guardian
"In fact, virtually the only racial or gender constellation the President did not gain with are the people that are often described as his core constituency: white men.
In 2016, Trump won white men by a margin of 31 percentage points. In 2020, however, he won this constituency by 23 percentage points. Put another way, comparing 2016 to 2020, white men shifted 8 percentage points in Biden’s direction this year – helping flip the election towards the Democrats, despite Trump’s significant gains among minorities and women across the board."

^^ And there you have it, according to left-wing news sources.  White males delivered Biden the Presidency.  
More specifically, well-educated white males delivered Biden the Presidency.  Trump 2020 polls: White-collar revolt against the President is peaking (msn.com)

So if you're pleased with the last POTUS election results....hug a degreed white male.   B)

It's hardly news, the modern left screamed about "NO MORE OLD WHITE MEN", and got the oldest prez-elect...ever.  They screamed about our police state, yet elected an architect of both the police state and the NDAA, and with him a shameless climber who slept her way (sorry, the married man was her visible patron during her climb.  It doesn't get much more blatant) to a position where she fought and withheld evidence...while locking up many people of color and finding her conviction rate for marijuana an infamous matter of humor.

I really didn't think the "main party" bar would get lower than in 2016, where two candidates no-one trusted were somehow the biggest choices.  Y'all found a way.  Congrats...you f**ked our country in every possible orifice yet again.

I think Barack is right with some of what he said there. You can disagree with it and I don't agree with everything. But a 'shut up, Barry' is fine with me if that's how you think here. I've felt like that before during his Presidency. But I've felt like that with every President at some point. Because I'm a white man in my 50s I'm supposed to be angry with this take by Barry? Nope. 

Its not about always agreeing with someone. No candidate or President should be considered by citizens as somebody you are always going to agree with. Its when you start rationalizing, compromising and deluding yourself and your ideals for a candidate every single time it then becomes cult-like, which is what we saw for the last 4 years with some. And the thought of 'well if you don't like Trump, you must LOVE Biden'. Not at all true. It just gets to be a waste of time trying to talk to some people about politics and this You vs. Us mentality that its become now. There's no perspective to have critical thought with a trust but verify attitude toward any President and I'm sure we'll see some of that with Biden. But nowhere near the extent we did with Trump.

I thought I saw some data that indicated suburban women were a major causal for Trump defeat? Not white men?

I dont know how this fissure in the country will close (at least to some degree).  I thought a pandemic would bring the populace together, but that was way wrong on my part. 

Media doesn't help in the least. 

As much as Joe isnt my ideal candidate, this election (for me) was between an easy choice to make. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I thought I saw some data that indicated suburban women were a major causal for Trump defeat? Not white men?
That was the chatter before the election....that Trump was going to fare poorly with suburban women.
However, early analysis showed Trump did better than expected with suburban women (i'll try to find the link). 
White men % were Trump's bigliest demographic loss.  

My opinion and observation through out my voting experience, is that the conservative movement has always been about being victimized.  I first became aware of it when the "silent majority" was sold by Nixon and then marketed by Atwater and Rove, as being oppressed "Christians".  Then it became a coalition of other victims, Patriots, white folk, rural...   This country has been drifting right since the Voters rights act and Roe v Wade.  Here we are for the first time after an election, with a president trying to ignore democracy, marketing to his base that they are victims of a great conspiracy that has stolen what is rightfully theirs.  Pure victim marketing.

Quote: @Zanary said:
It's hardly news, the modern left screamed about "NO MORE OLD WHITE MEN", and got the oldest prez-elect...ever.  They screamed about our police state, yet elected an architect of both the police state and the NDAA, and with him a shameless climber who slept her way (sorry, the married man was her visible patron during her climb.  It doesn't get much more blatant) to a position where she fought and withheld evidence...while locking up many people of color and finding her conviction rate for marijuana an infamous matter of humor.

I really didn't think the "main party" bar would get lower than in 2016, where two candidates no-one trusted were somehow the biggest choices.  Y'all found a way.  Congrats...you f**ked our country in every possible orifice yet again.

At the bold
I am not sure which is more pathetic? Your immature, juvenile rant or the fact that someone (you) still cannot see a successful woman for who she is without attributing it to sex. Should we be worried that you are or think like "them" (those that see women as sex objects)?
I would not be surprised if you continue to express your immaturity (or should I say stupidity) by stressing your "point". Feel free to post a link from any rubbish "conservative" source.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
My opinion and observation through out my voting experience, is that the conservative movement has always been about being victimized.  I first became aware of it when the "silent majority" was sold by Nixon and then marketed by Atwater and Rove, as being oppressed "Christians".  Then it became a coalition of other victims, Patriots, white folk, rural...   This country has been drifting right since the Voters rights act and Roe v Wade.  Here we are for the first time after an election, with a president trying to ignore democracy, marketing to his base that they are victims of a great conspiracy that has stolen what is rightfully theirs.  Pure victim marketing.
I was going to post something, but you nailed it here. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

From what I've been able to gather, white suburban women played a big role in electing Biden, but not to the extent they expected. Pretty sure the biggest swing was among independents of all colors and educations. They went from 4% Trump in 2016 to 13% Biden in 2020--that's a huge 17% swing. Then white, college educated men went from 11% Trump in 2016 to 3% in 2020, a big dent there, too. 

Quote: @Zanary said:

That whole she slept her way to the top is such a grotesque talking point from conservatives. She had a relationship with Willie Brown who had been estranged from his wife for a decade. Harris and Brown dated briefly in the mid-1990s, after Brown had separated from his wife in 1981. The innuendo got really ugly during her presidential campaign. It seems as though he was trying to give himself credit for her success. 

In regard to Harris’ marijuana conviction record, it's important to distinguish between her six-year tenure as attorney general of California and her seven-years as San Francisco district attorney. A 1500 figure is often cited but that comes from Harris’ time as attorney general rather than as district attorney. Harris did not prosecute such convictions as attorney general, which at the time fell under the jurisdiction of the district attorney.