Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rashod Bateman opts out

He opted out, then he opted back in... until the team went 2-3 and now he says "So long, suckers".

Well.....bye.

Business decision.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Business decision.
100%.  Getting late in the year playing on a team going no where that will get him a lot of exposure,   against the risk of an injury that could prevent him from working out for teams.... absolutely all business.   Only downside is if some teams view that as a negative since he is putting himself ahead of his team, but kids do that every year when they leave early or skip bowl games and it doesn't seem to be viewed negatively. 

There is a whiff of wishy/washy, out for myself in this...

OTOH I get it. What's the +/- of continuing to try and play, risk injury vs trying to raise your draft stock?

Heck, the last 2 weeks have gotten so bad the Gophers have had to cancel a bunch of practices and now the game for Paul Bunyan's Axe.

Fleck's team is going no-where and who the hell would want to share a locker room right now?  

I don't think this hurts him at all actually because these are unprecedented times. I think he will be just fine. I don't blame him at all. He is trying to avoid injury and this season is a clusterfuck. I think he might be given the benefit of the doubt because he came back to play.