Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rise of the Vikings Underdog Defensive Line
Chicago's offense is historically awful.   Let's see how they do against Tampa in a few weeks.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Chicago's offense is historically awful.   Let's see how they do against Tampa in a few weeks.
...says a man who insisted we never win in Chicago and that we make Chicago QBs look like All Pros....when I told him that Chicago's offense is historically awful. 

Eventually you're going to be right, comet....they will lose again. 

You do know the D held Rodgers to 14 points, and also roughed up Stafford too.  It's Ok to give credit when credit is due.
I won't be too surprised if the D gets lit up against Tampa.  No one says this no name DL is the the next Page, Eller, Marshall, and Larson.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
...says a man who insisted we never win in Chicago and that we make Chicago QBs look like All Pros....when I told him that Chicago's offense is historically awful. 

Yes we bumped the record up to 4-16 last 20... awesomesauce!

They didn't show up today. Zero pressure on Dalton and poor gap discipline allowing the cutbacks all game long. Not a good showing, but they are still young on the edges. Biggest issue is still the weak play up the middle. We need a capable 3T to match with Pierce next year. A healthy Hunter would have made a huge difference today as well.  

Today was the fall of the defensive line. Omg! They were so bad all over. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
My spidey sense tingles a bit in a bad way over this D-line: I don't know if its smoke and mirrors yet. I need more empirical data first. 

Prescience Sticky...

DL was invisible, but I don't think they were given any help either, defensive coaching seemed like a pre season game, totally vanilla, didn't see much stunting or blitzing.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
Eventually you're going to be right, comet....they will lose again. 
Eventually didn't take too long.