Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Vikings win Sunday....
...they are only one game back of the last NFC wild card spot.

[Image: tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif]

As much as I'm enjoyed the last three Viking wins and anticipating a victory over the Cowboys (who I really hate just below the Packers), I really don't see them as a playoff team or making a serious run at it.  They are a .500 team with a bright future in a couple more years.

If they win Sunday I think they definitely have a shot at making the playoffs. The Rams and Cards play each other two more times this year, and the Rams have to play at Seattle and Tampa. I think it's going to be a wild finish to the end and as I mentioned on another thread, I am ready to be hurt again

If they do, getting back to .500 is quite a feat. especially with all the headwinds this franchise had going into this year.

That was a lot of D experience that walked out the door and no Barr or DH. 

I'm still po'd they traded for and then away YN. 

Every other year Mike Zimmer produces a .500 team.  Why should this year be any different?

Vikings chances of making the playoffs jumped from 21% to 36% with the win over the Bears. Vikings can, and probably should, win their next three games. That puts us at 7 and 5, and probably right in the mix. 

But I think even if that happens, we all have to remind ourselves that this is still, pretty much, the same team it was at 1-5. A team with two very good receivers, the NFL's best running game, an inconsistent QB, and a banged up, very young defense being held together by a good rookie class and some seriously intense coaching. Not sure the centre will hold. We're going to get mixed results. 

Be fun if the Vikings make the playoffs and the Ravens don't. For Yannick's sake. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Every other year Mike Zimmer produces a .500 team.  Why should this year be any different?
The way things started, I was pretty sure this would more like a Les Steckle type of season, and heads would roll when it was over.  It's fun to see how it's been going lately; especially that unexpected win in GB - that was so sweet. B)

In the NFC, it is up for grabs.  We beat the #1 seed in their place already this year, one play away from beating the #2 seed in theirs
Get to 7-5 and split the rest?  9-7 and dangerousGet to 7-5 and go 3-1 (winning either in Tampa or New Orleans) 10-6 and scary
With Boone hitting the hole in Seattle and any stop in the Tenn game, nothing else, we would be tied for the #2 seed in the NFC NOW.  The same team that was 1-5 3 weeks ago.
This year, get to the playoffs and wild out, see what happens

I'm hoping the defensive line can get some early hits on Dalton.  After his last injury (concussion), that might pretty much rattle him through the game causing mistakes and turnovers.