Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy is what he is
Nothing more. He's not a great QB, he's average at best. Short throws. Look at his box score against Tampa. Brutal. He's not going to win a game for you.Great kid, not a good NFL QB.

https://www.nfl.com/games/buccaneers-at-...020-reg-10

We'll get to see Teddy vs Vikings in two weeks...

I don't think his ceiling is as high as I'd hoped, I sure was rooting for the kid. 

Good news for him was his latest contract - the $ reward for all the hard work. 

teddy left game with a knee injury

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
It was his right knee and not the surgically repaired left knee.  Hopefully it's not serious...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Viking1987 said:
It was his right knee and not the surgically repaired left knee.  Hopefully it's not serious...
hope it's not serious

wouldve been better than cousins 

Teddy started the game 10-10 with 2 TDs.  Name his RB and WRs today?  If it were Cousins all the blame would be on the OL and lack of playmakers.  Not sure how you take one half of football and make a statement like this.  Love the kid and we would have been a lot better the last few years if we had him as our QB.  

I honestly don't believe Teddy would have fared any better or worse than Cousins on this team.  Both Teddy and Cousins are decent quarterbacks, but neither one can carry a team, that's why both only have 3 wins so far.  The Vikings and the Panthers are both bad teams right now and more than likely going into full rebuilding mode.  But that's just my opinion and it's not based on any hate for Cousins or love for Teddy.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I honestly don't believe Teddy would have fared any better or worse than Cousins on this team.  Both Teddy and Cousins are decent quarterbacks, but neither one can carry a team, that's why both only have 3 wins so far.  The Vikings and the Panthers are both bad teams right now and more than likely going into full rebuilding mode.  But that's just my opinion and it's not based on any hate for Cousins or love for Teddy.
But would the Vikings have been better with Teddy instead of Kirks bloated contract?  I say yes.  An AVG QB can be effective if playing with above avg  players around him,  i think thats what we see from Cousins.   His supporting cast does not the heavy lifting.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
But would the Vikings have been better with Teddy instead of Kirks bloated contract?  I say yes.  An AVG QB can be effective if playing with above avg  players around him,  i think thats what we see from Cousins.   His supporting cast does not the heavy lifting.
In retrospect and from a contract standpoint, I totally agree. The results would have been probably close, but neither would bring the team a Super Bowl. Such is the lot of a Viking's fan.