Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Quiet
With so few threads today, we kind of live up (or down) to the reputation of only posting when the news is bad. So - everyone convinced??

I'm totally on the side that Zimmer will not take this team to a championship, and that beating up on losing teams is his specialty. But I'll give him that he got them out of the underachieving malaise that was hitting this team before the bye. It was definitely fun to dominate a team.
But...Why is this team such a model of inconsistency?? Tell me the team that played today was the same one that showed up for the first 6 games??
And it isn't forgiveable, because history shows that they will not just be on an upward curve from now on - they will lay an egg when it matters.

I think we caught GB taking us lightly and the Vikings probably beat Detroit 7 of 10 times. They're clearly the better team. 

What an abysmal failure Patricia has been. 

I can only speak for myself, in a year like this? I look for game-day to be a distraction from the real world, enjoy the individual achievements when they happen and watching players grow and develop (i.e. Jefferson, ISJ, O'Neill etc.)

Inconsistency imo comes from the Vikings having enough talent to be in that 5-7 maybe even 8 wins...I call that purgatory. 

If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.

This was supposed to be Zimmer's bi-annual 8-8 year, looks like he might be on track considering how many patsies are coming up on the schedule.

The defense/run game approach rarely wins championships, so no matter what the year to year ups and downs are, the long term prognosis for the Rick & Zim show is more underachievement.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
If they beat the Bears next week on MNF I'll think they've turned the corner. If not same old shit.
Agree with this. If the Vikes can beat the Bears and keep rolling with victories over Dallas, Carolina, and Jacksonville then they really may have a shot. 

They haven't done anything yet. They are still stuck against winning teams. The offense and defense were great. The Lions lost Stafford during the game. There is still a lot of work and tough decisions to be made. They are 3 and 5. I enjoyed the game but we'll see what happens.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
They haven't done anything yet. They are still stuck against winning teams. The offense and defense were great. The Lions lost Stafford during the game. There is still a lot of work and tough decisions to be made. They are 3 and 5. I enjoyed the game but we'll see what happens.
Exactly. Right now I'm watching a team that's just slipping further down in the draft.

It's tough not to be happy when you win (I was yesterday), but - unless we win out or something - this is just a garbage season. 

Always nice to get a win but yeah there really wasn't much to "report" after that game.
Dalvin- amazing as usual
Kirk- meh as usual
Irv Smith- a couple TDs so that's nice to see, but nothing spectacular
Defense/Coaching- looked really good against a bad team
Sidenote- The Lions are terrible. Every year. Good lord.

after seeing what the Saints did to Tampa last night I am not so sure there is a dominant team in the NFC.  Every team seems up and down and if the Vikings can get thier act together possibly we can sneak into the playoffs. Green Bay sucks BTW the NFC north very inconsistant to downright bad at this moment.