Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dantzler placed on Covid-19 reserve (edit: now NOT playing)
I remain adamant, the Vikings will cover the 7 pt spread. 

Gulp

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
I knew Zimmer was gonna regret that "I've never had a bad defense" remark the minute I heard it.  
The NFL's defenses all suck this year, scoring is up and holding calls on offensive linemen barely exist. This isn't the year to hold Z's feet to the fire on that comment. Oh yeah, he's missing Hunter, Pierce, Barr and a myriad of combinations due to injury at cornerback....and they just traded the team's leading sacker.
Lol, all aboard the Zimmer excuse train!  Everyone else jumped off Sticky, you'll have to shovel the coal into rlthe boiler by your lonesome.

I knew what was coming the instant I heard it.  I didn't know how exactly, fate took care of that.  I just know what Zim sticking his foot in his mouth looks like and what happens next.  After seven years observation it's not hard to figure. 
Its not an excuse, its a reason. Listen, I know your schtick is too shit on everything Zimmer/Spielman this year, trust me we got it...ad nauseam. Certainly they aren't beyond reproach and I've said as much many times. But this particular bitch you have isn't legit, there are reasons. The other criticisms are worthy and I agree....but not this one. Z's act has grown old with me, time for a change.
Watching Zim shoot his mouth off and fall on his face never gets old, that's all I'm gonna say.   Watching this organization stumble around for 15 years got old a long time ago.   When they wake up and start making smart moves I'll applaud, until then my "schtick" as you call it ain't gonna change.  Have a nice day!  =)

Quote: @comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
I knew Zimmer was gonna regret that "I've never had a bad defense" remark the minute I heard it.  
The NFL's defenses all suck this year, scoring is up and holding calls on offensive linemen barely exist. This isn't the year to hold Z's feet to the fire on that comment. Oh yeah, he's missing Hunter, Pierce, Barr and a myriad of combinations due to injury at cornerback....and they just traded the team's leading sacker.
Lol, all aboard the Zimmer excuse train!  Everyone else jumped off Sticky, you'll have to shovel the coal into rlthe boiler by your lonesome.

I knew what was coming the instant I heard it.  I didn't know how exactly, fate took care of that.  I just know what Zim sticking his foot in his mouth looks like and what happens next.  After seven years observation it's not hard to figure. 
Its not an excuse, its a reason. Listen, I know your schtick is too shit on everything Zimmer/Spielman this year, trust me we got it...ad nauseam. Certainly they aren't beyond reproach and I've said as much many times. But this particular bitch you have isn't legit, there are reasons. The other criticisms are worthy and I agree....but not this one. Z's act has grown old with me, time for a change.
  Have a nice day!  =)
HEY! You have a nice day, sir! 

[Image: thank-you-have-a-nice-day-grocery-mister-tee.jpg]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:

...But of all years, he actually said this I've never had a bad defense? A year of pandemic, when anything could go sideways. A year when the organization traded away its starting DE, DT, and 2 starting DB's for a bunch of question marks. In what prism of reality was he looking through? 

Yes, there is are reasons for all of this mess, and Zimmer should have seen it for what it was before voluntarily walking his line of hubris to the end of the plank. What are the other criticisms of Zimmer that you agree with, where this statement doesn't quite measure up on the ill-advised scale?   

Quote: @comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:

Watching Zim shoot his mouth off and fall on his face never gets old, that's all I'm gonna say.   Watching this organization stumble around for 15 years got old a long time ago.   When they wake up and start making smart moves I'll applaud, until then my "schtick" as you call it ain't gonna change.  Have a nice day!  =)
Pfffft...15 years is all?

Complain to me when you hit 20 or 30 or 40 or 45 like a few of us here. I got me some big horns after all these decades...

[Image: crussellgraves-buck.jpg?itok=gePRex3_]

I think we'll play decent, hang around, and lose.
EDIT- Oops, wrong thread. Thought this was the Packers week thread! I hope Dantzler is ok and that he gets healthy!

How does "NFL defenses all suck this year" excuse the Vikings' defensive performance? They are 28th in the league in yards and 30th in points. The Ravens are giving up 17.3 points per game and the Vikings are giving up 32. Why doesn't the Ravens defense - not to mention the other 28 teams doing better than the Vikings - have the same problem if it is a league-wide issue?

Maybe every team's defense is worse than last year's, or the year before, or the years of the Purple People Eaters and Steel Curtain of the 1970s. Is Zimmer only suited for that era? Because whatever has changed, most teams are playing defense better than the Vikings. Relative to other teams this year, Zimmer has a BAD DEFENSE.

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@Vanguard83 said:
As my coach would say......”Rub some dirt on it, and get back in there, Pussy!”
yep but it's a different world 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:

Pfffft...15 years is all?

Complain to me when you hit 20 or 30 or 40 or 45 like a few of us here. I got me some big horns after all these decades...

[Image: crussellgraves-buck.jpg?itok=gePRex3_]
Oh, you misunderstand.  My first game as a fan was Super Bowl IV,  Jan 11, 1970.   I'm referring to 15 years of the current ownership.