Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft order check
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
If they have strong conviction for one of the top 3 qb's?

Then just do it - with both feet and all the conviction a staff with more time in the rear view mirror vs windshield can muster.

[Image: The-Active-Manager-Paradox-High-Convicti...C575&ssl=1]
hell they should cut mannion and elevate Stanley,  get him a few weeks of reps with the ones and then throw him out there... what have they got to lose?
Yes. This. They ain't got shit to lose. 

[Image: b1wo4w1qbypw.jpg]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
[Image: b1wo4w1qbypw.jpg]

Every instinct Rick has is to always trade down, So;"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right."
Trade up, trade anything and everything to get Trevor.

If Trey Lance is there, take him. But a very intriguing player to take if all 3 QBs are gone and they couldn't move up is Jefferson's running mate from LSU, WR Ja'Marr Chase. Jefferson, Thielen and Chase? WOW.

Sadly and suddenly those post bye week games vs Panthers and Jaguars taking on a new meaning...

Washington is going to pick Fields out of "the" OSU after deciding Haskins was a flop? I don't buy that.

And - FLVike, I asked on another thread, but re "Trade up, trade anything and everything to get Trevor" - I think the Jets would want a Herschel Walker package to part with his rights. I think you would need to give them Hunter, Jefferson, this year's #1 and maybe more draft capital (like next year's #1). Think of the deal the Redskins gave the Rams to move up 4 spots to draft Robert Griffin 2nd overall, and plan on paying more.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Washington is going to pick Fields out of "the" OSU after deciding Haskins was a flop? I don't buy that.

And - FLVike, I asked on another thread, but re "Trade up, trade anything and everything to get Trevor" - I think the Jets would want a Herschel Walker package to part with his rights. I think you would need to give them Hunter, Jefferson, this year's #1 and maybe more draft capital (like next year's #1). Think of the deal the Redskins gave the Rams to move up 4 spots to draft Robert Griffin 2nd overall, and plan on paying more.

has any team every really blown a wad on a player and had it work out?  I dont mean the 1st and 3rd it cost the chiefs to swap picks with buffalo for Mahomes,  I am talking getting crazy like the Ditka for Bush,  or the RG3 deal?  i dont see how any player could be worth several years worth of firsts and a few other day 2 picks.... not even Trevor Lawrence.

Fields is a completely different QB than Haskins. And he's going to be drafted before Lance. If Fields makes it out of the top 3, it'll be a shock. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

has any team every really blown a wad on a player and had it work out?  I dont mean the 1st and 3rd it cost the chiefs to swap picks with buffalo for Mahomes,  I am talking getting crazy like the Ditka for Bush,  or the RG3 deal?  i dont see how any player could be worth several years worth of firsts and a few other day 2 picks.... not even Trevor Lawrence.

Wow, you actually discussed blowing a wad for a single player without mentioning Herschel!! Well, I remember both the Cowboys trading
up to get Tony Dorsett and the Oilers trading up to get Earl Campbell. I
think there were a lot of picks in both those cases, but I don't think
it was so many quality picks like what the Redskins paid to get RG3.
Quote:
@StickyBun said:
Fields is a completely different QB than Haskins. And he's going to be drafted before Lance. If Fields makes it out of the top 3, it'll be a shock. 

I do get that point, I just think the WTF would be really reluctant to go to an OSU QB again. Though it probably will not play out in exactly that order anyway.