Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the bottom
Or does it need to get worse in order for change to happen? 

I would say Zimmer is not going to get fired during the season. Even at 1/12. 

It would have to turn ugly in the locker room and with the front office for that to happen. 

I dont see a firing happening for just the record. Doesn't mean he'd be back next season though.

History shows Wilfs arent afraid to keep coaches on payroll. Wonder if that will change with Covid and the reduced cash flow though?

It's starting to feel like Spielman might be in more trouble. He bet a lot on Cousins and the extension he gave him in March doubled down and has really screwed the team's future if Cousins doesn't pull out. If the Wilfs were paying attention today, it should be clear that Cousins was a terrible mistake.

If Spielman gets fired, Zimmer's days are numbered.

I think Spielman and Zimmer might be gone after this season. I said recently said I didn't think it would happen after this season but I am starting to think I was wrong.

I think Zimmer should be kept. I dont really have a problem with Spielman outside of QB and Oline. I would keep it intact but let the Kubiaks pick our next QB and Oline. 

Zimmer has the players respect and holds them accountable to each other. His schemes are fine, you make the opposing offense earn their way down the field. He has progressed as a sideline coach and has rightfully let Kubes take control of the O. 

The thing about the NFL is, Defenses no longer have the ability to dominate with all the rule changes and officiating adjustments ( very little holding called) Offenses with average talent will score points. 

Kirk is the issue. there is no such thing as a consistent clean pocket anymore. Kirks signature move in the pocket is chuck and duck.  You saw Matt Ryan today move by small adjustments,  Kirk just is not capable. 

I like Rick. I like Zim. I don't even hate Kirk. They've all done good things for the Vikings.
... but if they all got fired tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eye. I know there's no crowds but still, you can't get blown out at home by a winless team like that. You just can't.

And as we all know, this isn't just one game. At this point I feel like in order for the Vikings to get to the top, we need changes at the top.

You don't have a problem with him outside of QB or OL, we aren't going anywhere without either a QB or an OL. 

yeah its been a huge problem for him outside of drafting bridgewater and trading for bradford and neither one of those moves was Gold 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I think Zimmer should be kept. I dont really have a problem with Spielman outside of QB and Oline. I would keep it intact but let the Kubiaks pick our next QB and Oline. 
Saying a GM is fine aside from QB is like saying an engineer designed a good airplane aside from the wings. Maybe you can be a successful GM if you're not good at picking punters or even tight ends or linebackers, but getting a winning QB is mandatory. 

I also have some doubt that, "Zimmer has the players respect and holds them accountable to each other." There are too many games where the Vikings come out totally flat and get pushed around by an opponent they should beat, and in some instances their playoff chances were on the line. I think they like Zimmer personally and like playing for him - but that isn't the same as going to war for him.

Nobody is getting fired in a COVID year when they went to the Final Four in the NFC playoffs last year. Will NOT happen.