Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are we feeling about trade deficits today?
I know it was a major part of Trumps 2016 campaign platform.

Today not so much talk as we hit a 14 year low on trade deficits. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-06/u-s-trade-deficit-widened-in-august-to-largest-since-2006

U.S. Trade Deficit Widened in August to Largest Since 2006
By October 6, 2020, 7:34 AM CDTUpdated on October 6, 2020, 8:01 AM CDT
  • Nation’s trade shortfall in merchandise climbs to record
  • Services trade surplus declines to smallest since 2012
Supply Lines is a daily newsletter that tracks Covid-19’s impact on trade. Sign up here, and subscribe to our Covid-19 podcast for the latest news and analysis on the pandemic.
The U.S. trade deficit widened in August to the largest since 2006 as the nation imported a record amount of consumer goods amid a pickup in demand ahead of the holiday-shopping season.
The overall gap in trade in goods and services expanded to $67.1 billion in August from a revised $63.4 billion in July, according to Commerce Department data released Tuesday. The median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of economists had called for a widening to $66.2 billion. The positive balance on services dropped to $16.8 billion.
Is this thing on?

This story is going to thrown into the it was covid wash, along with the national debt.  Conveniently forget we were headed to a recession 4th qtr. of 2019, inverted yield curves and the like.  The blame will go on the Dem's for it. 

He was going to drain the swamp!! How can our heroic President Trump, who so bravely beat back the enemy called COVID, fail us this way?? 

I hate trade deficits.  I would guess that there is a certain push from lack of GDP that has pushed this number as high as it has with a reduction in American businesses caused by covid?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I hate trade deficits.  I would guess that there is a certain push from lack of GDP that has pushed this number as high as it has with a reduction in American businesses caused by covid?

See below in case you missed it the firs time..
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
This story is going to thrown into the it was covid wash, along with the national debt.  Conveniently forget we were headed to a recession 4th qtr. of 2019, inverted yield curves and the like.  The blame will go on the Dem's for it.