Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy fading some heat in Carolina
https://catcrave.com/2020/09/20/carolina...ater-bucs/

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports...75890.html

I don't think there are any Viking's fans that dislike Teddy the person....a great kid. But he's not a great NFL QB. And he wouldn't have been here in Minnesota, either. The Saints obviously found that out and let him walk after using a draft pick to get him despite going 5-0 in relief. He's limited. It just is what it is.

I'd love to see Minnesota get a different kind of QB (not Bridgewater/Cousins types, etc.)......as I've mentioned ad nauseam the last 2 weeks. I'd take Lawrence, Fields or Lance. I just don't know if it'll happen. Jamie Newman is intriguing, but he's SUCH a project. His draft stock is all over the place depending on where you look....not a fan of that. 

Gotta be annoying for their fans watching Cam play so well for the Pats but I think Teddy will be fine there.
The Panthers lost something like 9 straight games to end last season and their defense is even worse than ours. One guy isn't gonna turn that kind of stinking around overnight.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Gotta be annoying for their fans watching Cam play so well for the Pats but I think Teddy will be fine there.
The Panthers lost something like 9 straight games to end last season and their defense is even worse than ours. One guy isn't gonna turn that kind of stinking around overnight.
Teddy isn't going to get the chance, the Panthers are going to select a QB in next Spring's draft. He'll be the bridge QB there. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Teddy isn't going to get the chance, the Panthers are going to select a QB in next Spring's draft. He'll be the bridge QB there. 
I think he's getting the chance right now. Win enough games and they won't be in position for a QB. CMC injury derails them pretty good, but I could see them winning some games. They do play us this year, after all.

Panthers should have a bit more patience with Bridgewater, but it's going to get harder for him with McCaffrey out. A lot of Vikings fans seem to think Bridgewater would have led us to a championship or two if not for his injury...maybe, but his 2 seasons playing here made me think he's no more than an average NFL starter and will always be on the bubble - it would not surprise me if the Panthers draft a QB next year.

I am concerned about the Panthers and both NY teams finishing worse than us.

How sad is that?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

How sad is that?
lol, I know.....me too. Had the same thought yesterday.  :p

That's what this season has come to already for me. 

Without their best player and a terrible defense, the Panthers are probably going to struggle. But let's see how Teddy plays when he's not facing the league's best defense before we put the nail in his coffin. He played pretty well in the opener, which is more than we can say about our QB...

I am always going to root for him. I hope he can make the most of the moment.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

How sad is that?
I think Teddy is coming to town later this season, we can root for him to beat us and secure a high pick.