Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A closer look at some of the GB scoring plays against us...
So I picked a heck of a time to quit drinking, and have some free time now.  A few years back I got NFL game pass, and broke down some of the line play.  I re-upped my subscription this year, because like you, I can't get enough of this team breaking my heart.  Anyways, here is a look at some of the scoring plays from the GB game and what went wrong:
On this first play Yannick gets too far up-field, giving Aaron an escape route out of the pocket.  This is seeming to be a trend with Yannick.  He catches the outside shoulder and pushes up field.  This looks to be the dreaded Tampa 2 coverage judging by how deep Kendricks gets.  Lastly, compare how deep Harris gets versus Harry.  If he plays deep, he would be in position for the play. 

[Image: source.gif]
Man coverage on this one.  Similar depth issue for Ant here.  Tough call though, because Hughes guy was gonna break free anyways.

This is kind of cool watching the safeties pass of the receiver here.  Another trend though, Hughes doesn't have the size.  When he recovers its like he always tries to get 2 steps down field.  Not sure what Wilson was doing on the chip there, not a lot of effort.  This play is on Aaron, you can tell he froze him with his eyes at the end.
Not a scoring play but a bit of a head scratcher.  Single high safety, and you play over the side of the field with 1 receiver?

I will post some stuff from the Colt's "game" when it is available. 

And to think I thought I couldn't feel any worse than I did already.

Spin.........click
Spin.........click
Spin.........

- Thanks for ripping the scab off.

JK-Thank You. This kinda post is why I lurk. B)