Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanking
The Vikings are NOT. Not intentionally, anyway.

Yannick Ngakoue is on a 1-year deal. If he leaves - and why would he stay if he’s with another front office not committed to winning? - then Spielman wasted a very high draft pick to rent a player for one bad season. 

These losses are not part of a master plan.

It IS possible that the team will stink all season, and the Wilfs will decide the NFL has passed Zimmer by and that, even though Spielman has made some good moves, he has picked 5 quarterbacks (McNabb, Ponder, Bridgewater, Bradford, Cousins) and should not choose another.

Those of us who know real football, Viking football, knew that this season was lost in week one. There was to much money handed out for contract extension to people who needed to go. Start with Zimmer and follow up with Cook. Do you really believe that the Vikings can win next week? This team, under Zimmer has always been in the middle of the road.  Instead of acquiring Cousins, the Vikings should have kept Keenum and spent the money ,given to Cousins,on the offensive line.  Cook should have been spent packing for draft picks, but Rick would have traded  the number one pick for 7 seven round picks and than cut 6 of them.   

Peterson, Moss, etc should have taught all of us that one person does not a team make. If the Vikings can unload it's top stars for draft picks, See the Cowboys and Herschel walker trade for proof, than they should do so now. This team is done and needs to be dismantled and rebuilt through the draft. This includes new coaches and front office people.

I do question Zimmer - significantly. Kubiak for his body of work across 2 games too. Do they have too many D coaching cooks now? Something ain't right with that staff, it's preparation, game time decisions etc. 

Zimmer needs to get out of the D room and be a HC. 

They do have some nice pieces among the players and I wouldn't trade those few gems.  I'd try to build around them. Thielen, Kendricks, Cook, I like the upside of Jefferson, ISJ and some of the baby Db's. Dirty Harry had a nice game today. 

The problem is in the trenches and KC has stunk the joint-up so far.  The DL is what it is till (if) Hunter can make it back. The run-stopping will be an issue without Pierce probably all year. Pierce/Hunter/Ngaukwe make a nice 3 some in 21. 

But the OL? Outside of O'Neil and maybe Bradbury, they are below pedestrian. As much bunch formations, mis-direction and new age football there is now, if you cant stop the run? Or run the ball?

so hindsight is 20/20.  anything less than a SB victory does nothing for this franchise.  so...why the hell NOT tank the season.   if you were to GUARANTEE us Trevor Lawrence.

but the Jets, Bengals, Giants, and a few other shitstain teams will need to win a game if we go “0 fer” and they may be tanking too.  

then again Im not so sure that Rick, even given the number one overall, wouldnt trade it for five seventh rounders.  

even if we landed Lawrence, without an oline, the kid would probably be in traction after six weeks.  

i dont know, all i know is that 50 years of heartbreak doesnt look like it will end any time soon.  the good news is im old and this suffering will end when
I die.....(then im sure the Vikings will win the SB)

If Vikings get a top 5 draft pick and either Trevor Lawrence or Trey Lance, I'd take this shit season a lot better. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Vikings get a top 5 draft pick and either Trevor Lawrence or Trey Lance, I'd take this shit season a lot better. 
I'm with yah...Get one of the blue-chip signal callers. But I want the #1 guy.

Quote: @WallofPurple said:
Those of us who know real football, Viking football, knew that this season was lost in week one. There was to much money handed out for contract extension to people who needed to go. Start with Zimmer and follow up with Cook. Do you really believe that the Vikings can win next week? This team, under Zimmer has always been in the middle of the road.  Instead of acquiring Cousins, the Vikings should have kept Keenum and spent the money ,given to Cousins,on the offensive line.  Cook should have been spent packing for draft picks, but Rick would have traded  the number one pick for 7 seven round picks and than cut 6 of them.   

Peterson, Moss, etc should have taught all of us that one person does not a team make. If the Vikings can unload it's top stars for draft picks, See the Cowboys and Herschel walker trade for proof, than they should do so now. This team is done and needs to be dismantled and rebuilt through the draft. This includes new coaches and front office people.
I knew in March when all the CBs were lost to other teams.  

But what good is Trevor or Trey if Zimmer wants to throw 10 passes per game? And they see their OL overwhelmed for a decade but keep drafting CBs and trading for DEs??

If you want a new QB, change the staff too. But if we get a top 5 pick and keep Zimmer, better to plan on a monster DT or OL with that pick.

Quote: @rf54 said:
I knew in March when all the CBs were lost to other teams.  
 The mass CB exit was half of it for me.

The "uh-oh" moment was no OTA's to coach up their replacements, and no preseason to evaluate them.   

Unfortunately with the current duo, I could see them trade out for an extra 6 and 7th round pick.