Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a players-only team meeting
Time for someone to step up as a player and say this is unacceptable play -- but do the Vikes have that sort of player on the roster anymore?

to answer your quesfion.....

no

Diggs would light a fire on offense and Griff. on D.  

Maybe they can have some candid conversations during Donut Club. 

Someone needs to get the coaching staff together and tell them to get their heads out of their asses.

The play calling is beyond horrendous. The defensive schemes are insufferable.

But the leaders are gone, who is going to step up now?

I am not surprised. The franchise will have to take its lumps and hopefully someone can right the ship sooner rather than later.

I know many of you are older, as am I.  Maybe Im lucky to have lived through the ‘70s Vikings teams, at least Ive seen them win NFCC and play in the Super Bowl.  

Nonetheless, Im more and more melancholy that I may not live to see them ever hoist the lombardi trophy before I die. There have been some fantastic rides, sure, but I dont think Ill get there with you all.  Five decades now come to pass.  Im sure will happen, just doubting Ill be around to see it.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I know many of you are older, as am I.  Maybe Im lucky to have lived through the ‘70s Vikings teams, at least Ive seen them win NFCC and play in the Super Bowl.  

Nonetheless, Im more and more melancholy that I may not live to see them ever hoist the lombardi trophy before I die. There have been some fantastic rides, sure, but I dont think Ill get there with you all.  Five decades now come to pass.  Im sure will happen, just doubting Ill be around to see it.
NO talk like that. We all need to enjoy that moment together. I wasnt able to enjoy the super bowl vikings and have been trying to follow them there since the 80s. I get what you are saying, and I kind of agree that a new direction organizationally is what it will take.

its just that devotion should be rewarded at some point.  Never thought Id live to see the Bucs, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens, etc. win one before us.  If Im lucky, I may have another 20 years of life, great life, terrific family, met, exceeded goals, but theres just ONE thing I want to see before Im gone, to have a life with no regrets, And I have no control over it other than hope.

its going to be a long year.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
its just that devotion should be rewarded at some point.  Never thought Id live to see the Bucs, Rams, Seahawks, Ravens, etc. win one before us.  If Im lucky, I may have another 20 years of life, great life, terrific family, met, exceeded goals, but theres just ONE thing I want to see before Im gone, to have a life with no regrets, And I have no control over it other than hope.

its going to be a long year.
We have so much in common...