Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: 12 Viking player, coaches, staff test positive for Covid???
What a cute pup. I would take him in but that's me. I hope it goes away though. Check in the morning and see how he is doing.

We have gone through this a few times, and you just have to trust your gut, the only thing you have to loose is the money by bringing in them in to soon.  If he's not whimpering and can get comfortable I'd avoid the E-Vet, but it's only money.  Good luck hope he's up and playing soon.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking for a doomsday "Oh my god, this happened to mine, it was XYZ and take him in immediately." Regardless, I called the emergency vet and she had the same sentiments: wait until morning unless he's whimpering or displaying weird behavior.

Just being a paranoid puppy dad...

Although today was a massive disappointment, it was just nice to have some normalcy for a change. And this little guy felt good enough get in on the "fun." (I cleaned the coffee table before putting food down...)

[Image: 50rdmbagmuss.jpeg]

the only real caution i will share, go easy on fetch, they love it but a 50 to 70lb dog will over do what they are capable of.  knee replacements are expensive and take awhile to get rehab.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
the only real caution i will share, go easy on fetch, they love it but a 50 to 70lb dog will over do what they are capable of.  knee replacements are expensive and take awhile to get rehab.
Good advice here, KB. More so with stairs: dogs love to fetch things and if the dogs have to go up and down stairs, like on an outdoor deck or inside, and go nuts like they love to do, here comes TPLO surgery at some point. Had a Springer Spaniel and had both knees done (ugh). 

Wow!!

He's growing fast!

How's the limp? I'll bet Zimmer has a worse limp today?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Wow!!

He's growing fast!

How's the limp? I'll bet Zimmer has a worse limp today?
He's better but still has a hobble. The vet said to wait another week before letting him play (which kills me, all he wants to do is romp). 

Sticky: I'm taking it extra careful, thanks. Found out his pet insurance (never knew this existed until a month ago) has a 6 month waiting period for orthopedic issues. Hoping it's just a muscle pull, otherwise this just would've been a reasonable deductible and not the thousands it'll cost to fix otherwise...