Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, that sucked...
Rogers had a HOF day. 

I'd have to look up the last time a Zimmer D gave up 40+ at home. 

We missed Diggs today too. Nobody in the passing game did s hit except Thielen. 

B-R-U-T-A-L

Maybe the worst defensive effort I’ve seen in the Zimmer era. ZERO pass rush and a Denny Green level effort in the secondary. 

Vikes won’t win 6 games with that kind of effort. 

Diggs day: 8 / 86 / 0

43 points. Is that a record? If not, it's got to be up there against a Zimmer D.

It was brutal all along. Defense was there early and offense was there late. 

Hey, but has KC learned to scramble???

Pack have a good team, both sides of the ball. 1 game away from the SB last year. 

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Pathetic performance. Kendricks is the only one on the D that earned his pay today. Thielen and Cook were pretty much the O. Better get better quick.

Aaron Rodgers picks apart Vikings' rebuilt defense in 43-34 Packers victoryThe Packers score the most points against the Vikings since Mike Zimmer became head coach.And on a surreal Sunday afternoon, in a building where the Vikings were once able to construct their home-field advantage with the help of sensory overload, Rodgers enjoyed something Favre could have only wished for during all those years: near-total serenity in a 43-34 Packers win.

The 36-year-old quarterback operated his offense in front of only the two teams and just under 500 cardboard cutouts that fans had purchased in the west end zone, with the stadium closed to spectators for at least the first two games of the season.
Rodgers didn’t have to worry about the Vikings’ pass rush, either, with Danielle Hunter on injured reserve for at least three weeks. He wasn’t sacked, was pressured infrequently and had plenty of time overall to test a remade Vikings secondary that was trying to coalesce without the benefit of a preseason.
Sunday’s end result doesn’t figure to define a Vikings team that will be a work in progress this season. But it does represent a jarring opening to the season for a defense that had enjoyed six years of battling Rodgers to a virtual stalemate.
Green Bay hadn’t gained more than 383 yards in a single game against the Vikings; it posted 524 on Sunday, more than any team had gained against a Zimmer-led Vikings team other than the Rams’ 556-yard day in 2018.
The Packers held the ball for more than 40 minutes. Rodgers became just the fifth QB to surpass 350 passing yards against a Zimmer-led defense, with 364 and four touchdowns. And Green Bay’s 43 points (with the help of a safety on a Jaire Alexander sack) were the most the Vikings had allowed since Zimmer took over in 2014.
Rodgers spent much of the day looking for Pro Bowl receiver Davante Adams, who caught 14 passes for 156 yards and two scores, but tested the Vikings’ young corners with deep shots to Marquez Valdes-Scantling, who caught four passes for 96 yards and dropped another deep ball from Rodgers
https://www.startribune.com/rodgers-pick...572400842/

Defense definitely played bad, but it sure didn't help when your offense does jack squat for the entire 1st half asides from the opening drive. I was tired myself just seeing the defense on the field for almost the entire half.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Defense definitely played bad, but it sure didn't help when your offense does jack squat for the entire 1st half asides from the opening drive. I was tired myself just seeing the defense on the field for almost the entire half.
The play calling and execution on both sides of the ball left much lacking, no doubt.

Lafluer and staff have better personnel to work with and they've got Zimmer's # for now.

They have yet to lose to MN since he took over.