Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the old KFAN BOARD

Post Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 am
RT @TomPelissero: No franchise tag situation in Minnesota: Pro Bowl RB Dalvin Cook and the #Vikings have agreed to a 5yr, $63M extension, sources tell @RapSheet and me. After just 29 career games, Cook locks in over $28M guaranteed.

Honestly? I'm glad to get this over with. When healthy, he's one of the best in the league and drives this offense. I know about paying RB's this type of money but you should reward your players that are good, have great work ethic, and are generally loved in the locker room and in the community.

Even with his new contract, Cook has the 6th highest paid AAV.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1304817682571763713

I'm not jumping up and down about paying an injury-prone RB until he's 30, but it will depend on the details of the deal. If the dead cap money is mostly gone in the next 3 years, we won't be tied to him as we were to Peterson. But - if the guaranteed money is front-loaded into the next few years, there won't be much money to give new deals to Yannick Ngakoue and Brian O'Neill before next March.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I'm not jumping up and down about paying an injury-prone RB until he's 30, but it will depend on the details of the deal. If the dead cap money is mostly gone in the next 3 years, we won't be tied to him as we were to Peterson. But - if the guaranteed money is front-loaded into the next few years, there won't be much money to give new deals to Yannick Ngakoue and Brian O'Neill before next March.
Valid points, but recent history has shown the team pays its young stars when it's time. I'm a bit leery of the deal simply due to already documented injury issues, but Cook is the straw that stirs the drink in this offense so from that front I'm ok with it. Also because at the end of the day....In Brez I Trust.

Great signing, he's a difference maker. Elite playmaker.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Great signing, he's a difference maker. Elite playmaker.
with a turd factor of 0....... 

He earned it.