Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great read on Mattison
Quote: @Jor-El said:
Sure, I understand that Cook has explosiveness that's elite and can break bigger plays than Mattison, and yes his a top 10 back. But since Kubiak has been able to get excellent production from RBs who are of medium raw talent, don't you take advantage of that? IMO the Vikings should have given Kubiak a draft pick somewhere in rounds 4-6 to pick another RB this year - and another pick next year, and so on. If it works (which it did for him in Denver), it maintains a stable of RBs that isn't vulnerable to a single injury and saves money for other positions. Or don't we have other positions that need improvement?
It's a legit argument, no doubt about it. But Cook will likely be extended for the same reason CMC, Barkely, Mixon and Elliott were extended. He makes us a better football team in 2020. Vikings will likely see how the first half of 2020 goes before re-opening contract talks, but if the Vikings get lucky and make the playoffs this year, I like our Super Bowl changes with Cook and Mattison in the backfield than Mattison and Boone. If we were looking at a 4-12 season, it might be different. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Cook is explosive. Mad Dog not so much. I think Mattison and Boone would be fine in this system, but when Cookie is healthy he is top 10 back in this league and arguably top 5
Cook is better no question.

Interchangeable RB's that can both  run, pass and block don't give defenses much in the way of tendencies to try and scheme against.