Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for the year?
Anywhere from 10 - 6 to 6 - 10, in other words I don't have a clue to how this season unfolds...or if they will even play 16 games.

7/9 sounds right.  Too many holes in trenches.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yup

7/9 - 9/7 feels about right range. 

Some nice pieces here and there, but a lot of subtraction including a biggie in Diggs. So that means question marks at key spots. 

I dont think the OL or DL are much better than league average with Pierce and Hunter out. OL is average on its best days if last year is still a good barometer.

Far more question marks on this squad vs what I can remember for many years on a zimmer team. As of 9/11 I don't know if 7/9 is the high mark for this team or not?
Pretty much sums it up for me to, pf.  I think this team will win some, but take a step or two back from last season.  We'd need a dominating D to hang with the elite teams, and I just don't see that happening this year.

The hardest year to predict maybe ever. Covid, good but young corners, Hunter injury, WR2 a question, Lions better, Packers a complete unknown...

Could be 7-9 but I'm going to be optimistic and say 10-6 for a couple of reasons. I think Cook and Cousins have career years in Kubiak's system. I think ISJ emerges big. I think our corners are going to make us forget all about Rhodes and Waynes, and with Harry and Harris, the secondary should be solid. When Hunter returns, he and Yannick will be a nightmare for offenses. 

This is a brutal schedule though. Tougher even than last year IMO. We'll start slow, maybe even 2-4, but finish strong. 

I'm just going to relish the wins, piss and moan the losses... no matter what the their final record will be. This season is not your typical football season.  I'm just ecstatic to finally to be able to watch some Viking football and hope like hell they win enough to win the division and make the playoffs.  Maybe, just maybe in a couple of years the Vikings climb back on top of the food chain in the NFL.

In my mind both the offense and the defense are worse this season than last.  And we could not compete with the Packers last season, so why would that change?  On offense, the OL is at best a wash with last year.  Logic tells me the awful Pat Elfein does not become good by moving to the other side of center.  Improvement by Bradbury should be expected, but so is decline by Reiff.  It would be a pleasant surprise if Dozier gives us the same performance as Josh Kline did in 2019.  The receiving corps is worse with Diggs departure but I do expect a better contribution from Irv Smith this year.  Cook and Kirk should hold steady, barring injury.  On defense, it isn't the corners that worry me.  I was excited to add Pierce to a d line that struggled against the run when in mattered (Green Bay, San Francisco).  Put Pierce together with Hunter and Ngakoue, and I'm excited.  Unfortunately, Pierce is out for the season and Hunter on IR while Ngakoue learns the defense.  Looks like an 8-8 team that could go up or down 2-3 games depending on injuries and the strange bounces that every NFL season brings.

I try to be optimistic every year and say at least 10-6 but too many changes in a rebuild year.  Weak interior of both DL & OL, best defensive player on IR, loss of Diggs, rookie secondary, suggests 8-8 for me.  Hope I'm wrong, will gladly eat crow.

I'm going with 6ish games and Covid will have taken care of the season.  I guess we might make it to thanks giving which would be 9 I think. 

I haven't paid hardly any attention to the team this past year.  I've had way way way way way to many other things to worry about.  I'd assume the OL will be roughly the same.  Even though Kline was graded our best OL last year by PF obviously there's something not right about him or any of the other 31 teams who are starved for competent OL....especially when several OL opted out for covid reasons making the demand for OL even higher. 

Our WR situation isn't any worse then last year.  We hardly ever had both Diggs and Thielen at the same time if I remember correctly? 

Our DB's can't be worse can they?  Rhoads has been complete garbage the past couple years. But EVEN if we had retained all three with an unlimited cap ONLY Rhoads would be able to play Sunday.   Alexander is out on bail and Waynes is on IR.
In fact I think this team going with youth is a good thing.  Get rid of the old guys and build a new team of energetic, hungry guys.

It's going to be a roller coaster, great at times and bearish at time's other than IR keeping the team positive will be a big factor. 66 1/3%  they will win 3, loose 4 then roll, off another 3 W.

I leaned on 8.5 for my season prop bet with my best friend----he's no longer my friend(he took the over)