Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for the year?
Wondering what you guys think of our chances this year and how we might fare?

I gotta tell you I am pretty down on our chances this year. I think we are looking at a less than .500 season and I am usually pretty much a homer. I don't like our secondary. I don't like our offensive line. I don't like the situation with cook. And I don't like wha tis going on with Hunter and I am worried that it may be more than a 3 week thing. Maybe it's just my general outlook right now but I am not feeling it heading into 2020.

So you can be sure that we will win the super bowl this year. 
Is this thing on?

I don’t have a clue Mike, but i can tell you I’m not a fan of the Norwegian Shuffle approach to OL building...  Wink 

I feel a lot better about the secondary going into this year than I did last year.  We have some guys with a lot of potential who seem to play with a lot of confidence and swagger.  I think they will have a learning curve, but I also think they will be better than last year.  I am not concerned with Hunter, looks like it may only be 3 games, in the meantime, I think you can see Ngakoue as an adequate replacement and I think Odenigbo playing full time will be an improvement over the production we got from that spot last year.  The OL play will be largely effected by Cousins, will he really uses his feet more as he has promised.  

I think we overall have more talent and I think better team chemistry than we had last year.  I think we are a playoff team again and feel we will have a shot at the division.  I think we go 10-6 at a minimum.  

smells like 2016.

logic screams 9-7.  i am betting on Kubes and Zimmer to outperform and get us to 11-5.  I also wouldnt be surprised At a mid year trade for a DT if we are in the hunt. 

Bookmarking. I'll be back Sunday evening. Right now, I'm not real hopeful. That matches my mood, though.

9-7. We will make the playoffs, and lose in some new, inventive, unique and humiliating way which will sting until the next year......when we will make the playoffs, and lose in some new, inventive, unique and humiliating way in the playoffs, which will sting......until the next year......when we make the playoffs.....

The Vikings are rebuilding on the fly and while I think those moves will pay off eventually, I could very easily see them take a step back this year and finish around 8-8. Issues that concern me are lack of talent at DT, young CBs (could end up being better than last year, but big learning curve), iffy interior OL, replacing Digg's production, Hunter being hurt, & depth at safety & QB. Things that could go in our favor are continuity in systems (even with new coordinators), continuity at QB, strong running game, good options to spread the ball around even if there's no clear WR2 right now, 3 good DEs once Hunter is healthy, and OTs for the future are at least on the roster. There will be lots of wildcards this year, that could swing things either way, but I just feel that the roster has taken a step back this year to move forward further in 2021.

This is a mini rebuild year so its possible they could miss the playoffs. Pierce out all year and Hunter out for at least 3 with a young secondary isn't ideal by any stretch. I like 2021 a TON better as far as potential. 

Yup

7/9 - 9/7 feels about right range. 

Some nice pieces here and there, but a lot of subtraction including a biggie in Diggs. So that means question marks at key spots. 

I dont think the OL or DL are much better than league average with Pierce and Hunter out. OL is average on its best days if last year is still a good barometer.

Far more question marks on this squad vs what I can remember for many years on a zimmer team. As of 9/11 I don't know if 7/9 is the high mark for this team or not?