Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes put on IR and Mac update (Bengals)
The team announced that Waynes had been placed on injured reserve, and they filled his spot on the 53-man roster with Torry McTyer.
Waynes will miss “multiple months” because of the pectoral injury suffered early in camp. There’s a chance he could return at some point this year, so waiting until now to put him on IR leaves that door open.
The Bengals signed the former Vikings corner to a three-year, $42 million contract this offseason as part of their defensive overhaul.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Bengals CB Mackensie Alexander was arrested on one count of battery Tuesday evening.Alexander, who had recently left camp after his father was reported missing in Florida, allegedly confronted the man who initially left behind his father on a berry-picking trip. Alexander remains in custody and no arrest report has been released. We expect to hear more details surrounding this story soon

Ouch...

That does take the sting out of losing them. I'm still concerned about going into the season with so little experience at corner, but an inexperienced corner is better than no corner at all.

Quote: @Tyr said:
That does take the sting out of losing them. I'm still concerned about going into the season with so little experience at corner, but an inexperienced corner is better than no corner at all.
Well....Yah I suppose that's true. 

Good thing it's only Rogers this week lol!  :p

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Tyr said:
Well....Yah I suppose that's true. 

Good thing it's only Rogers this week lol!  :p
Yes, that does concern me a lot. I am curious how having no preseason will impact them? Maybe the coaches can better utilize that time, but you'd think some real world snaps against another team would be beneficial. At least Hughes and Hill have been around a couple years. The Vikings roster is in an odd place, there is a lot of talent, but lots of inexperienced players, and some depth issues at safety, LB (hope they sign Nickerson to the PS), DT.

I do hope that the expanded practice squad sticks around in some form after this is over.

It is such an odd-ball year...Maybe more bizarre and unknown than even the strike season (87?)