Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLN added to Youtube TV (+ Redzone option)
Quote: @pattersaur said:
Boom! Just announced today and it's already live on there, included in the base price. Pretty nice.
They also just announced that for $11/mo, you can get NFL Redzone during the season. This package also includes Fox College Sports, TVG, and some soccer stuff I'm not into.
So if you're already a subscriber like me... merry christmas!
For those who don't know- Youtube TV is $65/mo, has most channels you'd want, and has unlimited DVR. I pay $50/mo for internet and then the $65. So $115/mo total. For me that's a better option than cable, but it may not be for everyone.
(No I don't work for youtube tv, I just like it and am happy about NFLN. Thank you Google. Years of giving you my personal data, interests, and whereabouts has finally paid off)
I'm interested, can you explain the unlimited DVR?  Is this recording off broadcast tv?  How many programs can be recorded at one time?  Can the dvr be shared between tvs?

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@pattersaur said:
Boom! Just announced today and it's already live on there, included in the base price. Pretty nice.
They also just announced that for $11/mo, you can get NFL Redzone during the season. This package also includes Fox College Sports, TVG, and some soccer stuff I'm not into.
For those who don't know- Youtube TV is $65/mo, has most channels you'd want, and has unlimited DVR. I pay $50/mo for internet and then the $65. So $115/mo total. For me that's a better option than cable, but it may not be for everyone.
(No I don't work for youtube tv, I just like it and am happy about NFLN. Thank you Google. Years of giving you my personal data, interests, and whereabouts has finally paid off)
I'm interested, can you explain the unlimited DVR?  Is this recording off broadcast tv?  How many programs can be recorded at one time?  Can the dvr be shared between tvs?

Sure. Yep, you can DVR any channel that Youtube TV carries. That includes OTA like Fox, CBS, etc. There's no limit on the # of programs you can record simultaneously. Yes, the dvr works on any tv, iPad, phone or device that you have youtube tv installed on.
The only catch is that recordings automatically delete after 9 months. So if you want to save that eventual Vikings Super Bowl win on your DVR forever, you can't. But other than that-- as far as I know you can record every show known to man, all at once, and you'll have them all for 9 mos. from the recording date.*
*If the show airs again in the future, say a TV movie, then your 9 months starts all over, from the most recent airing. So if you recorded The Shawhank Redemption or something popular, then you'll probably have it saved forever.

Whoa, they upped it again?? I thought I was paying $50...

I splurged again and went in for Sunday Ticket. Trying to get hyped for the season but it's pretty tough knowing there will almost certainly be an asterisk next to this year. So I suppose this is the year we win it all.

@IDVikingfan said:
@pattersaur said:

Sure. Yep, you can DVR any channel that Youtube TV carries. That includes OTA like Fox, CBS, etc. There's no limit on the # of programs you can record simultaneously. Yes, the dvr works on any tv, iPad, phone or device that you have youtube tv installed on.
The only catch is that recordings automatically delete after 9 months. So if you want to save that eventual Vikings Super Bowl win on your DVR forever, you can't. But other than that-- as far as I know you can record every show known to man, all at once, and you'll have them all for 9 mos. from the recording date.*
*If the show airs again in the future, say a TV movie, then your 9 months starts all over, from the most recent airing. So if you recorded The Shawhank Redemption or something popular, then you'll probably have it saved forever.
@IDVikingfan said:
@pattersaur said:

OK, so someone told me this weekend that YTTV doesn't allow you to fast forward through commercials on your recorded programs? Is this true? 

My son has a double header on Sunday and I would love to be able to DVR the game, ignore my phone and then come home and watch the Packer game commercial free. Possible?

If you record the show, you can fast forward through commercials. If you watch on demand, most will make you watch the commercials (although they are shorter than normal).

BTW, I'm really impressed with their fast forward system. one click moves up 15 seconds. you can click it 12 times for 3 minutes and it shows you the screen that it will start back on. You can usually skip exactly to the point where the program starts back up and hit play.

I love if I leave a show, I can come back and pick up where I left off. When I am watching sports with my son, he forwards through the commercials. 

Yeah, their DVR is so much nicer than Sling.  I recorded every Viking game last season, and FF works great to speed up the game.

Packers - Vikings on here locally in east South Florida!! Yes. 

Crap, the vikings game is not available in my area...  Grrr

Looks like the Vikings Packers is on in the majority of the country. Green areas....LA, Denver, Miami, Boston...

[Image: 01-FOX-E.png]