Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears Reply to Urlacher...

I wonder if VG cares?

Bears Disavow Brian Urlacher After Social Media Post on NBA Protests
The Chicago Bears organization distanced itself from Brian Urlacher after the Hall of Fame linebacker criticized NBA protests of the police shooting of Jacob Blake.

"Brett Favre played the MNF game the day his dad died, threw 4 TDs in the first half, and was a legend for playing in the face of adversity," Urlacher said in a since-deleted Instagram post, via Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. "NBA players boycott the playoffs because a dude reaching for a knife, wanted on a felony sexual assault warrant, was shot by police."
Florio characterized Urlacher's Favre comparison as "nonsensical" and pointed out that Blake, who reportedly had a knife in his car, was not reaching for it when he was shot by police.
The Bears' response read: "The social media posts in no way reflect the values or opinions of the Chicago Bears organization."
The Bears canceled practice Thursday with a statement committing to make a "real difference":
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906...a-protests

They had to respond. His false equivalency was absolutely ridiculous. Of course he posted in support of freeing that domestic terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse. The dude that crossed state lines from Illinois and killed some protesters. That is repugnant. He was treated much better than Jacob Blake.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
They had to respond. His false equivalency was absolutely ridiculous. Of course he posted in support of freeing that domestic terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse. The dude that crossed state lines from Illinois and killed some protesters. That is repugnant. He was treated much better than Jacob Blake.
That's all there is out there, false equivalency. I see it on this board/social media all the time, its a favorite of the Far Right along with victim blaming. 

I have to wonder what would've happened to Rittenhouse if he were a 17 year old black kid walking around with an AR-15. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
I have to wonder what would've happened to Rittenhouse if he were a 17 year old black kid walking around with an AR-15. 
I know right. And then there is Anthony Huber who was killed trying to protect those around him.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I wonder if VG cares?
Yeah.  Just tired of all the hate in the world, and all the finger pointing....hate republicans, hate democrats, hate AA’s, hate cops....sick of it all.  Life is too short.

Is it really so hard to treat others the way WE want to be treated?

Interesting take.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@purplefaithful said:
I wonder if VG cares?
Yeah.  Just tired of all the hate in the world, and all the finger pointing....hate republicans, hate democrats, hate AA’s, hate cops....sick of it all.  Life is too short.

Is it really so hard to treat others the way WE want to be treated?

It's been my daily mantra, I try and toss that into the universe in real life. Hoping that good comes back somehow to my family and friends.

All that in spite of a lib persona  B)