Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Timberwolves got some luck

Glad they got #1 pick. Better to take who you want or trade the most valuable pick in the draft for someone you want. But damn I wish there was a stronger class of players to choose from.

Quote: @Rugbyvike said:
Glad they got #1 pick. Better to take who you want or trade the most valuable pick in the draft for someone you want. But damn I wish there was a stronger class of players to choose from.

And a better season to evaluate them.  Wouldn't surprise me if kids start opting out of college b-ball as well because it sure doesn't seem like COVID is going away anytime soon.

I'm excited for the Wolves to have the number one pick, but I agree that it's a weird draft and Covid will make evaluating players difficult. Ideally we'd pry away Devin Booker from the Suns, but that seems unlikely after their success in the bubble. I had liked the idea of drafting Wiseman to pair defensively with KAT, but Jon Krawcynski doesn't think the Wolves want to move KAT to PF/4. Neither Anthony Edwards or LaMelo Ball are great shooters, but I'd probably take my chance on Edwards scoring and plus athleticism and not deal with LaMelo's father being a distraction. Though Ball does have better size and potential at defense. The Wolves also have picks 17 (from Brooklyn) and 33, so they should be active in the draft.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
LOL, they use that video for everything. It's hilarious.

I like what Rosas is doing early on and doing it quickly...

There, that was my positive statement about the worst run franchise in pro sports.

That #1 pick luck was a year too late, but better late than never. 

I am very excited they have the #1 pick and can do whatever they want now. What's really a bummer is this, on paper, appears to be one of the weaker draft classes in the last 10 years. Of course the year they move up in the draft is when the class is weak. That being said, I hope they get a guy that allows them to really compete in two years. I think I would go Wiseman to have a starting lineup with DLO, Beasley, Culver, KAT, Wiseman