Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adios NRA
And good riddance.  

Wayne LaPierre single-handedly destroyed that organization.  I am sure conservatives will cheer about draining the swamp and its corruption.

And FYI yes I am a gun owner that fully supports this move:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1236187

How could a conservative organization be corrupt?  Surely someone is being made a victim of the deep state.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
And good riddance.  

Wayne LaPierre single-handedly destroyed that organization.  I am sure conservatives will cheer about draining the swamp and its corruption.

And FYI yes I am a gun owner that fully supports this move:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1236187
Got a bird gun, a deer gun and an elk gun, but I've never been a member of that piece of shit organization. The world will be a better place without them. 

Never been a member of NRA but as a hunter, I have appreciated their vigilant support of gun ownership.  If this is the end of the NRA, my hope is that another gun lobbying group will enter the fray.  Too many anti-gun owners out there.  For example, I have MN relatives that believe it should be illegal to own a shotgun.  Will fight that effort till the end, certainly handled my Benelli in a responsible and safe manner with 50 years of duck hunting.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Never been a member of NRA but as a hunter, I have appreciated their vigilant support of gun ownership.  If this is the end of the NRA, my hope is that another gun lobbying group will enter the fray.  Too many anti-gun owners out there.  For example, I have MN relatives that believe it should be illegal to own a shotgun.  Will fight that effort till the end, certainly handled my Benelli in a responsible and safe manner with 50 years of duck hunting.
Rest assured the vacuum will be filled.  I like my long guns, like you, just never felt the NRA had my interests in mind, like my father and in-laws.  Have you ever really been concerned about your gun ownership?  Is it tangible fear in your life, or you is it just someone may have a difference of opinion on the subject.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:G...ted_States

There's plenty of hunters out there, don't believe it would be easy to stop hunting.  I live in a conservative state, it would never happen in Idaho if the state has a say.

conservation and responisble ownership is one thing

gun gluttony, influence, and irrationality is another 

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I have two Benelli Super Black Eagles for pheasant hunting.  My first youth hunter safery course was an NRA funded program.

But the NRA underwent a radical change in the last 30 years.  Since then they went on the warpath as lobbyists for gun manufacturers.

Quote: @Skodin said:
conservation and responisble ownership is one thing

gun gluttony, influence, and irrationality is another 
What is gun gluttony?

there is an estiamated 392 million fire arms in this country

330 million people
57% dont own or live with someone who has a gun (conservative number, some place ownership at 25% of the pop)

so 165 million give or take own almost 400 million firearms. 

how many of the 165 million own 1 firearm for “protection” aka the number 1 reason why people say they need them?  hopefully the predomimant amount

but 7.7 million people or 3 of our population own HALF OF THE Firearms in america.  

That is gun gluttony.  That is not about self defense, it speaks to the mindset that some people want to be a well armed militia

Other than fear, whats the point?