Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regardless of where you stand, this should be concerning.
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
So anyone collecting data is telling the truth, " Remember, 63% of all statistics are made up"
I didnt say that,  I said that just because they arent a "scientific agency" doesnt mean they didnt use scientific methods... besides,  are you saying all scientific agencies are spot on in their reporting of their findings and that their collection methods arent influenced by things like who is funding them and what results that funding source would like the results to support?

and Im pretty sure its closer to 90% of a statistics are made up on the spot.  :p
I am saying a political organization that advocates a specific policy agenda, may need  to have their results replicated before much ALARM is raised.  Aren't you doing exactly what you criticize the press for doing, you need to just wait see befor you star packing the undies.  Besides the premise is kind of moot, employers of private companies are not bound by the first amendment to keep you employed, they will let you say anything, but it's up to them whether you are employed or not.  How many folks in government have had their careers ended because of "Loyalty" issues in the past 4 years.  Drain the swamp or trim the deadwood tomato/tomahto argument.   Besides the closer you are to management, the more you want to please the boss called office politics.  Do you advocate Right to work state?  
Ok,  we will mark you down as not being a fan of free speech unless its supported by your approved sources... like CNN, NBC or other scientifically sound entities.

its not about whether people should legally be able to keep their jobs regardless of what is said at work or in private,  no they shouldnt,  employers have rights as well,  but its about a growing concern across the whole country that they arent free to speak their minds for fear of repercussion from a variety of angles,  except for a small segment of political slant.  but in this case it works in your favor so i guess its to fucking bad... until it isnt in your favor.

oh and no undies are twisted,  just something I read that I thought I would share,  but thanks for trying to be an antagonist.. we've been lacking that around here.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
So anyone collecting data is telling the truth, " Remember, 63% of all statistics are made up"
I didnt say that,  I said that just because they arent a "scientific agency" doesnt mean they didnt use scientific methods... besides,  are you saying all scientific agencies are spot on in their reporting of their findings and that their collection methods arent influenced by things like who is funding them and what results that funding source would like the results to support?

and Im pretty sure its closer to 90% of a statistics are made up on the spot.  :p
I am saying a political organization that advocates a specific policy agenda, may need  to have their results replicated before much ALARM is raised.  Aren't you doing exactly what you criticize the press for doing, you need to just wait see befor you star packing the undies.  Besides the premise is kind of moot, employers of private companies are not bound by the first amendment to keep you employed, they will let you say anything, but it's up to them whether you are employed or not.  How many folks in government have had their careers ended because of "Loyalty" issues in the past 4 years.  Drain the swamp or trim the deadwood tomato/tomahto argument.   Besides the closer you are to management, the more you want to please the boss called office politics.  Do you advocate Right to work state?  
Ok,  we will mark you down as not being a fan of free speech unless its supported by your approved sources... like CNN, NBC or other scientifically sound entities.

its not about whether people should legally be able to keep their jobs regardless of what is said at work or in private,  no they shouldnt,  employers have rights as well,  but its about a growing concern across the whole country that they arent free to speak their minds for fear of repercussion from a variety of angles,  except for a small segment of political slant.  but in this case it works in your favor so i guess its to fucking bad... until it isnt in your favor.

oh and no undies are twisted,  just something I read that I thought I would share,  but thanks for trying to be an antagonist.. we've been lacking that around here.
Big fan of free speech, just a matter if you can walk the talk, being willing to get fired is what it come down to, been there done that.  Freedom to assemble and speak is the side I take, and government has very little role in curbing it, and the mob less.   

@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

Big fan of free speech, just a matter if you can walk the talk, being willing to get fired is what it come down to, been there done that.  Freedom to assemble and speak is the side I take, and government has very little role in curbing it, and the mob less.   
are you really a fan of free speech,  or just the speech you agree with?  thats the point of this whole thread was the intolerance by so many to allow others their views without fear of repercussion.  Look at Drew Brees,  what he said wasnt racist or bigoted in any way,  it wasnt said to incite violence,  he simply didnt agree with that form of protest and he was skewered for it,  that is absolute bull shit that our country has become so intolerant of opposing the vocally popular view.

@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

are you really a fan of free speech,  or just the speech you agree with?  thats the point of this whole thread was the intolerance by so many to allow others their views without fear of repercussion.  Look at Drew Brees,  what he said wasnt racist or bigoted in any way,  it wasnt said to incite violence,  he simply didnt agree with that form of protest and he was skewered for it,  that is absolute bull shit that our country has become so intolerant of opposing the vocally popular view.

But the study said both sides of the political spectrum are feeling that way.  Slightly less so, the bluer you get but both feel "persecuted".   I guess you could argue that depending on the employer or location or even department within the business you could end up with different "popular views".  

I think its alarming that 50% think if you donated to Trump (or was mid 30s whatever it was for Biden) you should be fired.  I mean holy crap really?  I haven't donated in a long time so I'm good but geez.....

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

But the study said both sides of the political spectrum are feeling that way.  Slightly less so, the bluer you get but both feel "persecuted".   I guess you could argue that depending on the employer or location or even department within the business you could end up with different "popular views".  

I think its alarming that 50% think if you donated to Trump (or was mid 30s whatever it was for Biden) you should be fired.  I mean holy crap really?  I haven't donated in a long time so I'm good but geez.....
like I say,  intolerance is growing and the only people that win are the politicians and the people that control them.  as long as those of us (the actual majority) are kept at odds over hot button shit that they have no intention on fixing/changing (border control, guns, abortion, etc)  then they know that we will be to distracted to see whats really going on.

@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

So it was public opinion, say things and people react, that's a risk of extemporaneous speech when your a public figure, know your audience .  I have no problem with him saying it. It sounded great till I realized, not all those who made the same sacrifice in war as his grand parents didn't come back to an America where they could eat in the same restaurants, play on the same fields or send their kids to the same school's.  And I also don't believe taking a knee is disrespectful to veterans or anything patriotic, it's a respectful way of protesting whats happening in the country that flag and song are sung about.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

The 50/30 break is probably a reflection of the natural victim groupings.

@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

like I say,  intolerance is growing and the only people that win are the politicians and the people that control them.  as long as those of us (the actual majority) are kept at odds over hot button shit that they have no intention on fixing/changing (border control, guns, abortion, etc)  then they know that we will be to distracted to see whats really going on.

Yup, that is the nail of the you're hitting there.  Keep us fighting about stupid stuff while they fleece us.

@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

The 50/30 break is probably a reflection of the natural victim groupings.

You dont think being called every "ist" label under the sun hasn't made one side a tad more gun shy?

@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:

So it was public opinion, say things and people react, that's a risk of extemporaneous speech when your a public figure, know your audience .  I have no problem with him saying it. It sounded great till I realized, not all those who made the same sacrifice in war as his grand parents didn't come back to an America where they could eat in the same restaurants, play on the same fields or send their kids to the same school's.  And I also don't believe taking a knee is disrespectful to veterans or anything patriotic, it's a respectful way of protesting whats happening in the country that flag and song are sung about.
its not about if you agree with him or not,  his comments got him crucified and its absolute bull shit that people airing a harmless opinion have to deal with that shit in a country founded on freedom of speech.