Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Timberwolves for sale

Not sure exactly how I feel about this after seeing KG play himself in "Uncut Gems".  I like KG a lot, but man if that's a glimpse of his business sense, this could be another Tom Clancy, Red McCombs  cluster mess.

KG likely couldnt afford more than a very minority stake in the team.  His net worth is about 10% of the value of the team.  He wouldn't likely have a very big role in the business operations of the team.

I'm all for getting the team out of Glen's hands. We need an owner who knows basketball when it comes to hiring as opposed to keeping everything within the good ol boys' club - a club that has been one of the worst in basketball.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
I'm all for getting the team out of Glen's hands. We need an owner who knows basketball when it comes to hiring as opposed to keeping everything within the good ol boys' club - a club that has been one of the worst in basketball.
you mean the worst in all of pro sports...

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Headline says the Timberwolves are for sale, but the Tweet says Garnett and others want to buy the team. Isn't that a very different story? Until Taylor wants to sell, Garnett's "bid" might just be a publicity ploy.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Headline says the Timberwolves are for sale, but the Tweet says Garnett and others want to buy the team. Isn't that a very different story? Until Taylor wants to sell, Garnett's "bid" might just be a publicity ploy.
I heard locally that Taylor was approached (unsolicited) with the opportunity to sell part of the team - he didnt officially have it on the sales block. Word is he would want to retain majority ownership, no moving the team out of state etc. 

Lots more to unfold on this one...