Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe, Just Maybe This Is A Good Move!

well Zimmer wasnt going to fire himself for fucking up another kicker so this was the next best thing.

If Zimmer 'fucked' up the kickers, how the hell did Bill Parcells or Tom Coughlin every have a kicker succeed? lol. Line up the red ass NFL coaches of all time and nobody fucked up any kickers. You know what fucked up the kickers? Moving the XP try back. If your name isn't Justin Tucker, that is.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Zimmer 'fucked' up the kickers, how the hell did Bill Parcells or Tom Coughlin every have a kicker succeed? lol. Line up the red ass NFL coaches of all time and nobody fucked up any kickers. You know what fucked up the kickers? Moving the XP try back. If your name isn't Justin Tucker, that is.

the statement was more in jest,  but kickers were fucking up for Zimmer before they moved the XP back.  Walshs accuracy dropped 12% (huge number) in Zimmers first year.  it acutally went back up the next year (15) the year they moved the XPs back,  but apparently the damage was already done and all that was left was to wait for the coldest fucking game I have ever had to sit through just to have my heart ripped out once again.

Zimmer is an old school hard ass who probably rips kickers behind the scenes because in his mind you are paid millions of dollars to kick a ball, why is it so hard. This definitely adds a lot of pressure to kickers, especially when they are mental midgets.

This year the Special Teams as a whole was brutal though, not just bailey. Colquitt ranked low in punting average, Kris Boyd had multiple holding penalties on returns so I dont know why he was constantly in that role, our longest freaking punt return was last week at 13 yards, and guys were absolutely clueless a lot of the time when trying to down punts inside the 10.

I'll throw some blame at Zimmer for kickers, but the other stuff is on the Special Teams Coach, no doubt.

If kickers are going to be paid millions of dollars, i suggest they grow some thicker skin if Zimmer beaning mean is to much for them to take. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
If kickers are going to be paid millions of dollars, i suggest they grow some thicker skin if Zimmer beaning mean is to much for them to take. 
Like the diva QBs and WRs?

And I will add -- we had multiple punts blocked, gave up a KR for a TD and blew a fake  punt.  Special teams were miserable and kicking was only one piece of a giant mess.