Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oakley Mouth Shield....

Can't imagine this doing much good. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Can't imagine this doing much good. 
Yeah I agree. I dont know what you can do that would make things more preventable? If you dont have airways where they are located in the picture, then the helmet fogs up. Is this the best they can do? Does the NFL require guys to wear the masks that players wear when it's cold? I find the equipment solution to be a very interesting topic of discussion

Throw it against the wall, see what sticks...

Just cover the whole face mask with a bandana.  That should work.

Don't understand why they need to wear two masks.  The facemask should be as effective as the snot rags people wear.

Quote: @greediron said:
Don't understand why they need to wear two masks.  The facemask should be as effective as the snot rags people wear.

Hell, those big plastic helmet shields probably cost about $8,000 each and a company or two will make millions selling them. That's the difference between recommending them rather than a $3 bandana...

why not just use the thermal hood / face protection that players use in cold games?

covers the mouth and nose

I mean, the face masks aren't to clean the air coming out of your mouth or anything. It's just to limit the air that is escaping your facehole from getting out as far as it normally does, hence why a "snot rag" is still better than mouth breathing in public around others. This isn't going to do much, but since they will be all piling on one another during tackles, not much can be done. Let's just try to enjoy the couple weeks of football we get before the season is cancelled likely.

Fingers crossed we get a full season+playoffs, but I'll take whatever we can get at this point.

Will they mandatory,  will there be waivers for the claustrophobic players or players that have issues with them in other ways like fogging up?