Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTENTIAL TRADE: Desmond King for Riley Reiff and a mid round 2021?
No one has brought up the recent report/rumor that the Vikings are looking to swing a deal for 2018 All Pro Desmond King, CB from LA.  So far the compensation would be Reiff and a mid round pick (we would pay some of Reiff’s salary) to bring King in.

King is a young stud, who was an All Pro in 2018 combing coverage skills as well as returning.  

King with Hughes, Hill, Dantzler, Gladney would seem to fill the cupboard with a ton of young CB talent for Zim to mold paired with the best safety duo in the league.

I like this deal as I am ready to see a younger OL, Cleveland / Hill can take over the LT, maybe Udoh impresses in camp and we have 3 viable options.  Who knows but interesting if true

Can we confirm that is what we are offering? In order to make this trade work we would want to lock him up long term though as he is on the last year of his contract. Either way, I'm excited to see this chatter because I have always liked watching Des play...absolute stud his Junior year at Iowa.

what fan wouldn't like to see their team acquire an AP DB? But they better be damn sure they've got someone decent to play LT...Especially in this league. 

The speculation was Reiff (paying $3.8 million of his salary) and a mid round pick (we have about 75 of them).  I too like King and think this could be a good deal.  

Hill + Cleveland potential decrease in effectiveness coming down from Reiff’s best play is worth the kind of upgrade we could have at CB.  Adding a stud to the CB group would give a lot of flexibility (Hughes goes inside, Hill and Gladney fight out the outside CB spot, youngsters waiting in the wings to spell the action)

Good to discuss ON TOPIC progress here

What’s the general idea of the trade?  Are we bringing King in as a one year rental,
since he’s on the last year of his contract and this is a transition to our
younger CBs stepping up or are we going to sign him to a massive deal as part
of the trade?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
what fan wouldn't like to see their team acquire an AP DB? But they better be damn sure they've got someone decent to play LT...Especially in this league. 
Well if you are prepared to throw a season away due to a big turnover and no offseason,  swing for the fences and pray that your dont cripple your QB.   I am a bit surprised to hear CB,  but if they think they can sign him long term without breaking the bank why the hell not?

Where is this rumor coming from? Haven't seen it anywhere. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
espn,  something called Field Yates,  not sure who that is,  but it seems like one guy just spit balling and the web is running with it.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
espn,  something called Field Yates,  not sure who that is,  but it seems like one guy just spit balling and the web is running with it.

Well that settles it.  It MUST be true... if espn says so.  (I know, it's just a "rumor".)
Well, at least it's something Viking related that isn't related to politics.  That's something!

If we plan to sign King long-term, I'm all for it.  But we better be sure about our OT situation.  We're not going to score many points if our OL's weakest link is LT.  If Cousins goes down, we won't score more than 10 points a game... and even the best defense in the NFL is going to give up 14+ points a game.  

Quote: @pumpf said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Well that settles it.  It MUST be true... if espn says so.  (I know, it's just a "rumor".)
Well, at least it's something Viking related that isn't related to politics.  That's something!

If we plan to sign King long-term, I'm all for it.  But we better be sure about our OT situation.  We're not going to score many points if our OL's weakest link is LT.  If Cousins goes down, we won't score more than 10 points a game... and even the best defense in the NFL is going to give up 14+ points a game.  
LOL, LT be our weakest link?  I think its the whole line thats the weakest link.  It just happens to be a different guy every week.