Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other collectors out there?
Just got this sweet little gift for myself today.....a Harrison Smith autographed mini-helmet along with an Alex Mattison autograph photo. Time for me to start upping my collection.

[Image: 0viv605vv8qq.jpg]

I have been collecting Viking Memorabilia since the late 90s and have well over $20K in autographed jerseys. footballs, helmets and mini helmets as well as many other collectibles 

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I have been collecting Viking Memorabilia since the late 90s and have well over $20K in autographed jerseys. footballs, helmets and mini helmets as well as many other collectibles 
Sweet! I've got a much smaller collection, but some of it to me is priceless due to sentimental value. Unfortunately, I'm starting to need a bit more room to place everything.

i wanted to get into collecting that stuff,  but after seeing how big some of the shitbags are that buy that stuff and get it signed just for the resale marke..... no thanks.   I have watched them push kids out of the way and that just pisses me off.  its one thing if it comes from a charity auction,  but the ugly side just turns my stomach.

but I do look at a nice collection the same way I would a nice fireworks display... always lots off oohs and aaahs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i wanted to get into collecting that stuff,  but after seeing how big some of the shitbags are that buy that stuff and get it signed just for the resale marke..... no thanks.   I have watched them push kids out of the way and that just pisses me off.  its one thing if it comes from a charity auction,  but the ugly side just turns my stomach.

but I do look at a nice collection the same way I would a nice fireworks display... always lots off oohs and aaahs.
I used to see a lot of those types of people at my old job working at a hotel. Definitely a case of grown men acting like douches. I rather buy collector items and such from memorabilia companies that conducts signings with players. 

Ive got a # of signed pieces in a collection that's grown and been culled a bit over the years. 

Signed AP Jersey
Signed Favre Viking  Jersey
Signed/Framed CC Jersey
PPE Signed Bobblehead set: Page, Larson,Eller,Marshall
Signed Moss Poster
Pepp/Moss Signed Football

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Ive got a # of signed pieces in a collection that's grown and been culled a bit over the years. 

Signed AP Jersey
Signed/Framed CC Jersey
Signed Moss Poster
Nice! I'm working on growing mine too. The site where I bought my Harrison helmet has a pretty sweet autographed jersey of the PPE, with all their #'s on it. If I had a bit more dough laying around at the moment it would definitely be added to my collection.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:

Signed AP Jersey
Signed/Framed CC Jersey
Signed Moss Poster
Nice! I'm working on growing mine too. The site where I bought my Harrison helmet has a pretty sweet autographed jersey of the PPE, with all their #'s on it. If I had a bit more dough laying around at the moment it would definitely be added to my collection.
At least 1/2 the joy is the hunt...

I still have the section placard from Metrodome where we had our season tix. Had those seats from the Warren Moon days all the way to the last game played there vs the Kitties.

I have no idea how I ended-up with that  :p

I am now on the prowl for a game 1 1982 Vikings vs Seahawks ticket. One that isn't torn. So far I've been only able to find torn tix's - which they did when you walked into the game.

My goal is to frame a game 1 tix, a game 1 game-day program and my Metrodome section placard all together. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
At least 1/2 the joy is the hunt...

I still have the section placard from Metrodome where we had our season tix. Had those seats from the Warren Moon days all the way to the last game played there vs the Kitties.

I have no idea how I ended-up with that  :p

I am now on the prowl for a game 1 1982 Vikings vs Seahawks ticket. One that isn't torn. So far I've been only able to find torn tix's - which they did when you walked into the game.

My goal is to frame a game 1 tix, a game 1 game-day program and my Metrodome section placard all together. 
Interesting. So far I've just relegated my collection to helmets and photo/paper autographs, but want to expand that to include some cool, outside the box stuff.

A long time ago I was able to get Korey Stringer's autograph on a piece of paper at my job. He then led me to team meetings where I got Randy Moss, Randall McDaniel and Matthew Hatchette's autograph on that same piece of paper. That's my prized Viking possession. I'm looking to go to a paper conservation business in NYC to preserve that piece for me.

Big K, lost way too early...

He  was one of the biggest people I have ever met...Loadholt and Bryant McKinney were also huge, even by NFL standards.