Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladney & Dantzler vs...
The Vikings cut Xavier Rhodes early in the offseason, a move that had to happen. He had progressively gotten worse the last two seasons and was getting targeted heavily by opposing teams. Rhodes also was getting paid much more than he was worth, making the cut a no brainer type of move. The team also lost Trae Waynesand Mackensie Alexander in free agency, but despite these losses, they failed to bring in a veteran corner. 
There were plenty of options available like Nickell Robey-ColemanRonald DarbyJimmy Smith and Eli Apple, to name a few.
What was the most surprising about the Vikings not going after one of these players was the price tag they were signing for. Darby signed a one-year, $3 million dollar with the Eagles, Apple went for the same, and Jimmy Smith went for just a bit more to the Ravens. Robey-Coleman was signed for less than half of that.
The Vikings, even with their dire cap situation, could’ve afforded one of these deals. 
The Vikings were easily in need of a veteran cornerback more than they were a run-stuffing nose tackle, and signing Michael Pierce instead of bringing in a veteran cover man could end up being the team’s biggest regret this year.
https://zonecoverage.com/2020/minnesota-...r-defense/

I think the Vikings really like this rookie class of DBs. 

Quote:The Vikings were easily in need of a veteran cornerback more than they were a run-stuffing nose tackle, and signing Michael Pierce instead of bringing in a veteran cover man could end up being the team’s biggest regret this year.
according to who?

One signing makes all the DBs better, makes the LBs better and generates a pass rush by making the offense one dimensional. 

This defense reminds me of the 2015 defense which bodes well in my mind

Quote: @greediron said:
The Vikings were easily in need of a veteran cornerback more than they were a run-stuffing nose tackle, and signing Michael Pierce instead of bringing in a veteran cover man could end up being the team’s biggest regret this year.
according to who?

One signing makes all the DBs better, makes the LBs better and generates a pass rush by making the offense one dimensional. 
Agree. I personally think that Pierce will prove to be the single most significant addition from the offseason, including the draft picks. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
This defense reminds me of the 2015 defense which bodes well in my mind

2015 Vikings Depth Chart: Defense
POSITIONPLAYER 1PLAYER 2PLAYER 3PLAYER 4PLAYER 5
LDEBrian RobisonScott Crichton
DTSharrif FloydTom Johnson
NTLinval JosephShamar Stephen
RDEEverson GriffenJustin TrattouDanielle Hunter
SLBAnthony BarrGerald Hodges Jr.Edmond Robinson
MLBAudie ColeEric Kendricks
WLBChad Greenway
LCBTerence NewmanTrae Waynes