Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Gordon
Quote: @RS Express said:
We've already got 2 rookies (Jefferson and Osborne) and a FA (Sharpe) new to the WR group.  Getting them up to speed will be hard enough without lobbing in human hand grenade (or is it smoke bomb?) Josh Gordon.
no it's a turd in the punch bowl.   shortened offseason and all---let the rookies have those snaps not some recovery project.,

Quote: @Akvike said:
@RS Express said:
We've already got 2 rookies (Jefferson and Osborne) and a FA (Sharpe) new to the WR group.  Getting them up to speed will be hard enough without lobbing in human hand grenade (or is it smoke bomb?) Josh Gordon.
no it's a turd in the punch bowl.   shortened offseason and all---let the rookies have those snaps not some recovery project.,
With relapse written all over him...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Akvike said:
@RS Express said:
I dont want to sign him,  but IIRC his issues were primarily with pot and I think the new CBA stopped testing for that so he is likely gonna be ok from the league standpoint a sa long as that is all he uses and he ends up in a state that has legalized it so he doesn't have to deal with that aspect.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@Akvike said:
@RS Express said:
I dont want to sign him,  but IIRC his issues were primarily with pot and I think the new CBA stopped testing for that so he is likely gonna be ok from the league standpoint a sa long as that is all he uses and he ends up in a state that has legalized it so he doesn't have to deal with that aspect.
I think he had some alcohol issues as well. I'm not sure how that plays into the new CBA but I recall the NFL having a short leash with him on all substances. It seems like all on here don't want him and that's fine. I just recall a lot of people complaining that our WR group will be awful and this could be a chance to get a talent for dirt cheap. 

I'm pretty comfortable going with what we got @ WR...

Still pissed off about losing Diggs though. 

My feelings on Gordon center around whether or not he can be suspended again or if the new rules make that unlikely.  A Thielen, Gordon, Jefferson WR group is much better than a Thielen, Jefferson WR group unless Jefferson balls out immediately at a pro bowl level.  The main thing Gordon brings is that right now, we can't really afford for Thielen to get injured at all, so he would mitigate that risk and having 3 WR threats is exponentially harder to defend than just 2.

Illegal substance abuse has been a part of his life since his days in middle school. He self medicated with Xanax and codeine in 7th grade as a way to deal with his anxiety and social awkwardness. As a result, he was kicked out of middle school for stealing electronics from other students. In high school he was involved in stealing cars, fighting, scamming businesses with counterfeit money, and dealing drugs. He was put on probation because of credit card theft and could only go to college in Texas. He got in trouble with possession of marijuana and failed drug test. He transferred to Utah and failed drug test. Then of course the ongoing history in and out of the league. He has been enabled because of his athletic ability but there is so much more that he needs to deal with beyond football. 

Just...no.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Just...no.
This^^^^

To me Gordon and Kapernick have different circumstances but same questions and  drawbacks.

Are either worth the risk, cost, time and energy in a  shortened off season, for a reward that may or may not be there?

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@Zanary said:
Just...no.
This^^^^

To me Gordon and Kapernick have different circumstances but same questions and  drawbacks.

Are either worth the risk, cost, time and energy in a  shortened off season, for a reward that may or may not be there?

I dont think it's fair to compare their situations with regards to same questions and drawbacks, but that's just me