Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford
Adam Schefter is leaving the door open for Matthew Stafford to be traded to a contenderWhile Stafford is still under contract for two more seasons, Schefter doesn't believe he'll want to stick things out, especially if the Lions decide to move forward with rebuilding things in the Motor City. The fact that Stafford wants to play for a contender provides plenty of intrigue.
While Detroit has had its struggles, there's no denying Stafford has a cannon for an arm and could make a monster impact for a team in need of a signal-caller. In the right situation, Stafford could help a team get over the hump and really push for a strong postseason.
He won't come cheap, however, as the Lions will want some draft picks in return, especially if they're wanting to enter into a rebuild. For now, all of this is speculation and there's nothing concrete that Stafford has even asked to be shipped elsewhere soon. If that happens, though, you can expect multiple teams to come calling in a hurry.

Interesting. If the Bears GM Pace somehow survives this season, maybe he'd go after Stafford in a last-ditch effort to save his own skin? If they convince ARob to stay those 2 would be a nice pair actually.

Would look good in San Fran.

I think he'd do well somewhere else. 

His play that I've seen recently is sub-Kirk Cousins level.

Right system and supporting cast and he could really explode. But where are the contenders who need a QB? I could see Patriots, 49ers and Colts maybe. 

My pipe dream for a 1st rd qb continues to die a slow death for the Vikings....

Quote: @kmillard said:
Would look good in San Fran.

Agree, I think he'd excel with Kyle Shanahan's guidance.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
My pipe dream for a 1st rd qb continues to die a slow death for the Vikings....
I feel your pain.  I think we might be within striking distance (with a lot of draft capital) of a top 10 QB for once and I don't think we are going there at all.  My latest man crush is Wilson (BYU).

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Right system and supporting cast and he could really explode. But where are the contenders who need a QB? I could see Patriots, 49ers and Colts maybe. 
The two teams he should not go to from a vikes fan standpoint... Bears and 49ers. The team I wish he could go to... Patroits. It would be a good place for each other