Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Vikings QB stats
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@StickyBun said:
I'm happy to have Cousins. He's very accurate and his arm is underrated. He doesn't get hurt. He's a leader out there. He's in control of the gameplan. The guy makes plays. He's not perfect but neither is any other NFL QB. Why more of the fanbase hasn't fully accepted the guy is beyond me. I think the younger generation wants a video game Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson style guy. 

You'd think what he did on that last drive in overtime against New Orleans would've converted the last holdouts, but nope. 
I wanna believe in Cousins, I really do...  He just has to consistently play well in big games.  Obviously, we need to fix the OL too and bit more imagination by the offensive coordinator.
this is it in a nutshell.  Is he smart, talented, absolutely!  Can he win in big moments?  It seemed like the SF game he missed a lot of opportunities and played super fucking tight.  This is the big question.  Hopefully we can learn the answer sooner rather than later

And another one, from PFF:

Kirk Cousins is PFF's 4th highest-graded passer on 3rd down in 2019.

The question for me is how effective overall will the offense be this season?

So many moving parts:
Diggs gone, JJ here, Hopefully a better OL, KC being a constant, Kubiak vs KS as coordinator, the covid effect on training and preparation etc.

Lots and lots of questions...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The question for me is how effective overall will the offense be this season?

So many moving parts:
Diggs gone, JJ here, Hopefully a better OL, KC being a constant, Kubiak vs KS as coordinator, the covid effect on training and preparation etc.

Lots and lots of questions...
Good question. And it's the same one that many teams will be answering this year. Overall there's a lot of talent on Offense, and Kubiak has been a great coordinator throughout his career, so hopefully the combination of those two helps the process.

And another from PFF:

Kirk Cousins is the Most Valuable Vikings player of the past DECADE per PFF WAR.

That's kind of insane to think after only 2 years he's graded that highly. Especially with guys like AD, Harrison, others on the team.