Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Jimmy, why are you deleting posts again?
Quote: @Skodin said:
plenty of heads in the sand on this one.  it is amazing how people can not understand these things arent mutually exclusive. 

silence at this point = complicity 
Others have their heads in other places and it equals foolishness. 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:
KB— I don’t think there is any question that some mods on this board are Trump apologists.  That has been made blatantly clear.  The equivocations, false equivalences and outright conspiracy bullshit that have used needs to be addressed.  I am asking Mike to look at this as it is driving people away from this board.  A1 is allowed to post whatever he likes, including long debunked Qnon conspiracies but some mods get all butt hurt over “how you say something.”  It would be refreshing to hear a mod stand up and just admit the bias rather than hide behind self-righteous rhetoric.
so for some the mods are to heavy handed and should let things sort themselves out,   but you think we should censor what information is exchanged (in a civil manner) on our boards?   is that what you are asking for from the mods,  to tell posters that they cant post stuff that isnt against board rules because you dont agree with it or it doesnt come from a source you trust?  or is it because your preferred source says its wrong?   so then does that give others the right to say you cant post your truths as you view them?  come on man.  if you present something in a civil manner and want to defend it in a civil manner,  I am not going to tell you or anybody else they cant do that.  Whether I agree with it or not.

for the record,  A1 hasnt posted on this site in 6 weeks... and if you ask him I wasnt fair to his POV either.   All i ask for is civil exchange in an adult manner,  and if Mike thinks I am driving people away and not working in the best interest of the board, then he will let me know,  but its fair that you asked,  no hard feelings.
Speaking for myself here, it seems whenever myself or others speak out on topics that go against the grain of the MAGA theme the majority of this board stands by, we're removed from threads and you're VERY quick to cite "keep politics out of it" or "there's no reason to attack other posters." Meanwhile, I'll watch the Trump crowd refrain from the potty-mouth (I admittedly weave in) and be allowed to spew their political views wherever they see fit. It's been going on for years.

Look, I've said repeatedly I'm a problem poster here. Lots of the time it's intentional because I'm just bored and feel like, "Well, fuck it. I'm gonna be removed anyway, who really cares." It is, after all, just a message board. None of this shit matters, it's a distraction from my workday.

But please don't pretend that you leave certain topics up under the guise of sharing knowledge or as an exchange of ideas. It's an echo-chamber where people come to have their opinions further entrenched. I'm guilty of it, but I truly believe not nearly as guilty as some other posters - and yes, I'm looking at you too here.
you are entitled to your opinion.   I am not sure how a thread about killer cops or a killer virus is showing support for Trump ( or even going to make him look good )  but its your opinion.

the virus thread was left on the board,  because when the virus first came out it was being taken way to lightly by many and I wanted to leave that on the board in hopes that people would read about it from other perspectives besides their evening news and get better informed.

i left the Floyd thread up because I thought if people could be adults about it,  it might be a good place to open minds and eyes.  instead some choose to use it like a protest and start screaming and making baseless accusations of people that they do not know other than through a few written words.  Trust me,  those types of threads will not be allowed again in the future since I/we were wrong in thinking that they could stay out of the shitter.  We havent moved them yet and will continue to moderate them,  but in the future the approach will be to move the thread to cut down on the necessary moderation.

as far as who gets moderated,  nobody notices when its somebody else unless somebody makes a stink about it.   I just booted a poster from a thread a few days ago for attacking one of "your side".     nobody said anything in his defense and he didnt throw a shit fit and start multiple new threads to whine about it so it went unnoticed and that is how its supposed to work.  adults know when they get out of line and adults know that getting out of line has consequences and accept them.  you yourself have acknowledged as much on many occasions,  all the while admitting that you will likely take the same course again in the future.   like I say,  its up to you.

hope you decide to stick around,  when you arent screaming profanities at me (or others) you can be quite entertaining to read.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Caactorvike said:
KB— I don’t think there is any question that some mods on this board are Trump apologists.  That has been made blatantly clear.  The equivocations, false equivalences and outright conspiracy bullshit that have used needs to be addressed.  I am asking Mike to look at this as it is driving people away from this board.  A1 is allowed to post whatever he likes, including long debunked Qnon conspiracies but some mods get all butt hurt over “how you say something.”  It would be refreshing to hear a mod stand up and just admit the bias rather than hide behind self-righteous rhetoric.
so for some the mods are to heavy handed and should let things sort themselves out,   but you think we should censor what information is exchanged (in a civil manner) on our boards?   is that what you are asking for from the mods,  to tell posters that they cant post stuff that isnt against board rules because you dont agree with it or it doesnt come from a source you trust?  or is it because your preferred source says its wrong?   so then does that give others the right to say you cant post your truths as you view them?  come on man.  if you present something in a civil manner and want to defend it in a civil manner,  I am not going to tell you or anybody else they cant do that.  Whether I agree with it or not.

for the record,  A1 hasnt posted on this site in 6 weeks... and if you ask him I wasnt fair to his POV either.   All i ask for is civil exchange in an adult manner,  and if Mike thinks I am driving people away and not working in the best interest of the board, then he will let me know,  but its fair that you asked,  no hard feelings.

Probably a good sign of balance when the mods are criticized by the extremes of both sides. 

And yes to your point Jimmy, when we are acting specifically in a mod role, we are simply posters and have a right to our opinions.  When acting clearly as a mod, I think we have a good balance.  We have mods from every spectrum and from my interaction with the others, they act like adults, that is why they were asked to be mods.

Well no Greed I think you got it wrong.  While I’m sure it feels good to pat oneself on the back, “ when we are acting specifically in a mod role, we are simply posters and have a right to our opinions” is simply wrong.  When acting specifically as a mod is exactly the time you should put aside your personal opinions and be as unbiased as you can be.  You have no right “when acting  specifically as a mod” to inject yourself in any way. It’s simple—When you are a mod act like one.  Of course, when you are simply a poster you should feel free to express your personal opinions as you wish. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Well no Greed I think you got it wrong.  While I’m sure it feels good to pat oneself on the back, “ when we are acting specifically in a mod role, we are simply posters and have a right to our opinions” is simply wrong.  When acting specifically as a mod is exactly the time you should put aside your personal opinions and be as unbiased as you can be.  You have no right “when acting  specifically as a mod” to inject yourself in any way. It’s simple—When you are a mod act like one.  Of course, when you are simply a poster you should feel free to express your personal opinions as you wish. 

Well no actually, you have no idea what you are talking about.  When acting as a Mod, we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation that we often weren't involved in.  Yes, when we are a mod, we should act it.  Just like adults should act like it as well.  Doesn't always work out that way, but that is how it should be.
And Mike is the one that has specifically reminded us that the mods are also posters and can be posters.  When they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.  And I think most have been very good at that.  Even when being called all sorts of names by both extremes. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

Well no actually, you have no idea what you are talking about....Yes, when we are a mod, we should act it....Doesn't always work out that way...
Guess not. 

I don't think this thread is going anywhere.
Post: I am right you are wrong and yes I may be wrong but I am right
Reply: No you are wrong and I am right, yes I may be wrong just like you too but I am right and you are then one who is wrong...
Repeat sequence....

Quote: @mblack said:
I don't think this thread is going anywhere.
Post: I am right you are wrong and yes I may be wrong but I am right
Reply: No you are wrong and I am right, yes I may be wrong just like you too but I am right and you are then one who is wrong...
Repeat sequence....
So what side are you on, wrong right or right wrong?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Caactorvike said:

Well no actually, you have no idea what you are talking about.  When acting as a Mod, we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation that we often weren't involved in.  Yes, when we are a mod, we should act it.  Just like adults should act like it as well.  Doesn't always work out that way, but that is how it should be.
And Mike is the one that has specifically reminded us that the mods are also posters and can be posters.  When they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.  And I think most have been very good at that.  Even when being called all sorts of names by both extremes. 
That post makes absolutely no sense. You contradict yourself from one paragraph to the next. Paragraph One:  “ when acting as a mod we are specifically injecting ourselves into a conversation”.  Paragraph two:  “when they have to be a mod, they should set aside politics and personal items.”  So which is it???   Your point in paragraph two is EXACTLY  what I was saying!  And you say I “ have no idea” what I’m talking about?  Hahaha you are LAUGHABLE. Jesus, is it possible for a mod to be wrong?  I guess not. Ok, tough guy, keep patting yourself on the back.

^ I have to admit that I was pretty confused, too.