Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Vikings to the NFL on justice and system reform: 'What steps are you taking'?

I read the same from Barr on another site.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I read the same from Barr on another site.
You're right. Just looked. Same words.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyBarr/status/1...57440?s=20

Very interesting article in the NYT today about Minneapolis.  It says how great the city is in so many ways and citizens are justly proud of it but there is, at the same time, a strain of racial intolerance that is largely ignored.i am much longer out of the city than I spent in it.  It is the city of my youth.  And in fact the murder, demonstrations and fires are all very close to where I grew up. It breaks my heart to see what is going on.  I see pictures of the 3rd precinct burning and see the firehouse next door to it where I volunteered my time when I was in high school, helping to convert it into The Firehouse Theatre. The city that I still hold so dear to my heart needs to honor its reputation and actively seek change—starting with its police force.

NFL has "salute to service" and "Cancer Awareness"...why not promote "Social Justice"...or whatever "Equity and Equality"...
call it what you want, but it's far past time. Bring attention to it, and be proactive.  This is an opportunity (Like NFL Play 60) to take the lead & "be the change". 

My experiences in locker rooms is that it is one of the LEAST racist environments. Sure, you get an occasional turd like Richie Incognito, but man...I just haven't seen it in CA. or HI..... IMO the league should move forward for positive change.

But what the Hell do I know...

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
NFL has "salute to service" and "Cancer Awareness"...why not promote "Social Justice"...or whatever "Equity and Equality"...
call it what you want, but it's far past time. Bring attention to it, and be proactive.  This is an opportunity (Like NFL Play 60) to take the lead & "be the change". 

My experiences in locker rooms is that it is one of the LEAST racist environments. Sure, you get an occasional turd like Richie Incognito, but man...I just haven't seen it in CA. or HI..... IMO the league should move forward for positive change.

But what the Hell do I know...
Agree...they can do a lot of good. But you'll get a lot of push back from the troglodytes who have already lost patience with things like cancer awareness.