Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign Colin Kaepernick
Quote: @Skodin said:
@Waterboy said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Waterboy said:
Hard pass.  Keep his ass as far away from this team and community as possible. 
why? 
Because he’s divisive and could less care about the impacts on his team,.  He would rather be in the spotlight to rant his political beliefs.  And, I personally think the symbol he chose to utilize in protest is absolutely deplorable.  I know far too many military veterans who have greatly sacrificed to fight for this country.  And any overlap that is confused with their service is deplorable and unacceptable. 
here we go with the “my friends are veterans” response.  Do any of you know what mutually exclusive means?  How about strawmen?   You can believe in his fight and believe that there are good cops in this country.   you can belive in police authority abuses and supporting the troops, good cops, good civil servants

btw your “friends” are fighting, with a nice compensation package i might add, to defend his, yours, and my right for freedom aka his right to free speech
Yeah, that nice compensation package really makes up for my friend who is now suffering through ALS which is 2-3 times more likely in individuals who served in our military and compensated by the VA because there’s a known link. What a dumb f..king statement and lack of understanding of the contributions of those protecting your ass from all the evils in this world.  This country isn’t perfect, but it deserves a helluva lot more respect than this ass clown is giving it.  And while he has the right to do as he pleases, he may understand how hypocritical kneeling is in the country with some of the greatest privileges and opportunities on this earth.  He can do as he pleases,  but as I’ve said, I would never root for the guy.  That being said, I just realized from your post how ungrateful and stupid people are in this country.  Yeah our military members are greatly overpaid.  The dumbest comment I’ve read in some time. 

Kaepernick's protest didn't have a damn thing to do with the military or veterans.

It was a protest about inequality in the United States, which by the way, is also represented by the flag and national anthem.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Kaepernick's protest didn't have a damn thing to do with the military or veterans.

It was a protest about inequality in the United States, which by the way, is also represented by the flag and national anthem.
Not all military see it that way,  some do and are fine with it..I know and have talked to several,  but I also know of many service people that view the flag and the anthem as symbols of their service and sacrifices to their country.

I dont think one groups views should take precedence over the others,  but I do wish kap would have found a different way to make his statement than one that angers and offends any of our veterans and military at a personal level.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:

Not all military see it that way,  some do and are fine with it..I know and have talked to several,  but I also know of many service people that view the flag and the anthem as symbols of their service and sacrifices to their country.

I dont think one groups views should take precedence over the others,  but I do wish kap would have found a different way to make his statement than one that angers and offends any of our veterans and military at a personal level.
I realize that a lot of vets were upset but like  any protest people are are going to be upset and ideally the protest will create discussion.

My point on Kaepernick's protest is that not nearly enough discourse took place in regards to what he was actually protesting and more effort was spend on how insulted everyone was.

@JimmyinSD said:
@1VikesFan said:

I realize that a lot of vets were upset but like  any protest people are are going to be upset and ideally the protest will create discussion.

My point on Kaepernick's protest is that not nearly enough discourse took place in regards to what he was actually protesting and more effort was spend on how insulted everyone was.
The discourse needs to be civil,  now I never heard kap take an aggressive tone in his comments,  ( I personally didnt care for the pig socks)  but those that he was representing for were much more confrontational and offensive in delivering that message.  Peaceful discussion will bring growth,  the rage and violence will only create bitterness and further the divide IMO.

I think real leadership will work with the police to change the culture that allows what we saw last week and to many times in the past to exist,  however it's a two way street,   we need to quit raising our kids with anger and disrespect towards the badge.  Maybe if we could change the perception. ( as I am told) of the police by the inner city minorities then we could see more of those youth work towards careers in law enforcement which could return faith to that occupation  in those communities which would help lower the over all crime rates of those areas through better cooperation and ultimately improve those areas as places to live.

Edit:  I have said for years that there is a vacuum of leadership in this particular area, i have been watching the 3 major news agencies today and they have had many many interviews and there are certainly many many people that could fill those leadership roles from the black American community,  and some that shouldn't be,  but maybe those with good strong minds and voices can keep their podium in the days, weeks, and months to follow we can finally see some real change and hope for our future in this country in regards to race relations.  Maybe Kaepernick can refocus his efforts to help get these strong articulate black Americans a seat at the table to foster peaceful, meaningful, and real change.

Cause only liberal groups have the right to pick and choose what they’re offended by.  A military vet hasn’t earned that.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@1VikesFan said:

Cause only liberal groups have the right to pick and choose what they’re offended by.  A military vet hasn’t earned that.

Okay, if you say so.

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Skodin said:
@Waterboy said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Waterboy said:
why? 
Because he’s divisive and could less care about the impacts on his team,.  He would rather be in the spotlight to rant his political beliefs.  And, I personally think the symbol he chose to utilize in protest is absolutely deplorable.  I know far too many military veterans who have greatly sacrificed to fight for this country.  And any overlap that is confused with their service is deplorable and unacceptable. 
here we go with the “my friends are veterans” response.  Do any of you know what mutually exclusive means?  How about strawmen?   You can believe in his fight and believe that there are good cops in this country.   you can belive in police authority abuses and supporting the troops, good cops, good civil servants

btw your “friends” are fighting, with a nice compensation package i might add, to defend his, yours, and my right for freedom aka his right to free speech
Yeah, that nice compensation package really makes up for my friend who is now suffering through ALS which is 2-3 times more likely in individuals who served in our military and compensated by the VA because there’s a known link. What a dumb f..king statement and lack of understanding of the contributions of those protecting your ass from all the evils in this world.  This country isn’t perfect, but it deserves a helluva lot more respect than this ass clown is giving it.  And while he has the right to do as he pleases, he may understand how hypocritical kneeling is in the country with some of the greatest privileges and opportunities on this earth.  He can do as he pleases,  but as I’ve said, I would never root for the guy.  That being said, I just realized from your post how ungrateful and stupid people are in this country.  Yeah our military members are greatly overpaid.  The dumbest comment I’ve read in some time. 
How many kids that are sent to war do it for freedom?  Would do it without the compensation package?  Do you understand the history of military recruitment?  The military has to glamorize it’s recruitment because they can’t even hit numbers anymore.  Video game tournaments and heightened recruitment strategies in low income neighborhoods.  Fucking praying on the poor to go over to the Middle East and fight wars for politicians.  It’s a bastardization of the US military’s ideals, but they have sold out.  Why don’t you save your indignity for this instead of someone who is pointing out the facts

Your friend can be a good person, a good soldier AND the military looks for the poor to be body bag pawns in the military defense complex.    This is exactly the point of my post which you didn’t respond to, things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Again, Kaepnerick’s protest is about US Police Department issues in the black community, why you decided to bring in veterans is the definition of a straw man.  

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@Skodin said:
Absolutely give him a shot.  It would be huge on so many levels and he has the talent to be a top 64 QB in this league

Kubs was the last coach to give him a shot. 

you mean to tell me you think Mannion is a better QB than Kaep?  no way
mannion isnt in Kaep’s league, but lets face it, 40-45% of us viking fans hate Kaep 
Hmm wonder why . . 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Waterboy said:
@Skodin said:
@Waterboy said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Waterboy said:
why? 

How many kids that are sent to war do it for freedom?  Would do it without the compensation package?  Do you understand the history of military recruitment?  The military has to glamorize it’s recruitment because they can’t even hit numbers anymore.  Video game tournaments and heightened recruitment strategies in low income neighborhoods.  Fucking praying on the poor to go over to the Middle East and fight wars for politicians.  It’s a bastardization of the US military’s ideals, but they have sold out.  Why don’t you save your indignity for this instead of someone who is pointing out the facts

Your friend can be a good person, a good soldier AND the military looks for the poor to be body bag pawns in the military defense complex.    This is exactly the point of my post which you didn’t respond to, things aren’t mutually exclusive. 

Again, Kaepnerick’s protest is about US Police Department issues in the black community, why you decided to bring in veterans is the definition of a straw man.  
Man, you’re a fu..ing idiot. You’re argument spins all over the place and makes no sense whatsoever.  I really don’t mind when idiots like you disagree with me.  It validates my POV.  And God you’re a POS.