Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign Colin Kaepernick
Quote: @Skodin said:
you mean to tell me you think Mannion is a better QB than Kaep?  
Yes. Mannion is a much better player then some dude who hasnt been on a roster in what 5 years?  Why not resign Ponder?  He’s been out of the league just as long. 

Absolutely give him a shot.  It would be huge on so many levels and he has the talent to be a top 64 QB in this league

Kubs was the last coach to give him a shot. 

you mean to tell me you think Mannion is a better QB than Kaep?  no way
mannion isnt in Kaep’s league, but lets face it, 40-45% of us viking fans hate Kaep 

Good intentions but bad idea.   Been out of the league 4 seasons I think.  That's a lot of rust. Plus I know you'll laugh but I'd rather the Vikings spend their shortened offseason time trying to develop the extremely cheap Nate Stanley.  

Quote:
Quote: @AGRforever said:
Fuck NO
Your racism is showing

This is a dumb thing to say and adds needless pressure to a volatile situation. 

Having said that, there is zero way that Kaep wasn't blackballed from the NFL. But having Minnesota sign him now does what exactly? A pacifying measure? How will it matter?

Absolutely give him a shot.  It would be huge on so many levels and he has the talent to be a top 64 QB in this league

Kubs was the last coach to give him a shot. 

you mean to tell me you think Mannion is a better QB than Kaep?  no way
Kaep is a top 20 QB in the league...and if he had a snowball's chance in hell to play again it would be with the Vikings. Unlike most NFL ownership, the Wilfs aren't part of the good ol boy network.

That said, he'll never get the chance. Every owner knows that It would bring unwanted publicity, protests and controversy. 

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@Waterboy said:
Hard pass.  Keep his ass as far away from this team and community as possible. 
why? 
Because he’s divisive and could less care about the impacts on his team,.  He would rather be in the spotlight to rant his political beliefs.  And, I personally think the symbol he chose to utilize in protest is absolutely deplorable.  I know far too many military veterans who have greatly sacrificed to fight for this country.  And any overlap that is confused with their service is deplorable and unacceptable. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
@Waterboy said:
Hard pass.  Keep his ass as far away from this team and community as possible. 
why? 
Because he’s divisive and could less care about the impacts on his team,.  He would rather be in the spotlight to rant his political beliefs.  And, I personally think the symbol he chose to utilize in protest is absolutely deplorable.  I know far too many military veterans who have greatly sacrificed to fight for this country.  And any overlap that is confused with their service is deplorable and unacceptable. 
here we go with the “my friends are veterans” response.  Do any of you know what mutually exclusive means?  How about strawmen?   You can believe in his fight and believe that there are good cops in this country.   you can belive in police authority abuses and supporting the troops, good cops, good civil servants

btw your “friends” are fighting, with a nice compensation package i might add, to defend his, yours, and my right for freedom aka his right to free speech

The Vikings don't want the distraction of the team's media platform being used to push a sociopolitical agenda.  They already had that with Kluwe and kicked him to the curb as soon as they could.   

They are in the football business and it's a bad mix with politics because any stance potentially alienates a portion of the fanbase.  Teams prefer charitable work for social outreach because it's considered a positive by most fans.

This thread needs to find civility.  Accusations made against posters will not be tolerated.