Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Sleep On Ifeadi Odenigbo
https://twitter.com/i/status/1259889038229569545.

Double his snaps, and he still 100 short on Griffen's snaps, and his production looks like this:

8 hurrys to 13
14 knockdowns to 13
36 pressures to 35
14 sacks to 8

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1259889038229569545.

Double his snaps, and he still 100 short on Griffen's snaps, and his production looks like this:

8 hurrys to 13
14 knockdowns to 13
36 pressures to 35
14 sacks to 8
I am excited to see him get more reps,  but lets not pretend that being the change of pace guy that comes in fresh isnt a big advantage in terms of production vs the guy that is out there battling every down.  I think people were saying the same things about Hunter for Brob,  Brob for Ray,  and on and on.   All those extra snaps take their toll and wear a guy down,  but they are just as important as the snaps that lead to the stats.

@JimmyinSD He'd be at 68% of total D snaps everything being equal...I think he's going to be a stud...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD He'd be at 68% of total D snaps everything being equal...I think he's going to be a stud...
you forgot one very important stat when setting the barometer of expectation... how many false starts in crucial situations?

I'm not sure how I feel about this guy. All he does it seems is someway, somehow.....make plays. Not the biggest nor the fastest. He's tenacious but he can't get stonewalled easier than I'd like. He's an enigma to me. 

[Image: 7054b1d1068acc438e7fdec0f5fab0c2.gif]

I think the spot is his to lose, unless Griffen comes back of course. That being said, I think Patterson rotates at that position a lot more this year

Remember, Hunter's sacks went down in his first season as a starter.  

Or Brian Robison.  From 2007-2010, he had 13.5 sacks and started 7 games.  The number of sacks that came in those 7 starts... 0.  Took him until his 5th season in 2011 to sack someone as a starting DE.

So I think Odenigbo will be fine eventually, but the first month or two we may be wondering where the sacks have gone.

The best play I saw on defense last year was Odenigbo against KC. I wish I could find a highlight of it, but he stood up the blocker, shed him and tackled the ball carrier for a loss. It was a thing of beauty. He was best in rotation, moving inside and out. But he probably won't hurt us too bad if he replaces Griffen as our starting DE, as long as we can count on players like Lynch, Watts, Mata'afa providing the kind of rotational help Odenigbo did last year.