Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings most talented team in the North

Why would that piss anybody on the site off?  The team is very talented,  it hasn't been about not having talent on the roster,  it's been the lack of talent at key spots and it remains to be seen if that problem is corrected. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Why would that piss anybody on the site off?  
That is an excellent question. 

It pisses me off because clearly the Vikings are the class of the North yet Cook, Zimmer and Spielman are still on lame duck contracts.

I don’t think it will piss anyone off.  Im perpetually hopeful if there is cause for hope and i see it. I believe if a few cards fall in the right place- samia, holt hill or a FA, Cleveland, this team will be a contender.  I also have alot of belief in Zimmer and Kubes. 

Green Bay however, is the class of the North. Their Oline and front 7 on D are very very good. Rodgers is still top 5 qb. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I don’t think it will piss anyone off.  Im perpetually hopeful if there is cause for hope and i see it. I believe if a few cards fall in the right place- samia, holt hill or a FA, Cleveland, this team will be a contender.  I also have alot of belief in Zimmer and Kubes. 

Green Bay however, is the class of the North. Their Oline and front 7 on D are very very good. Rodgers is still top 5 qb. 
Whoa there, Nelly. The "class" of the North? I might prefer another term. Yes, the Vikings are a contender. And yes the Packers won the division and beat us twice, so until we correct that, they are the team to beat.

Still, they were the worst 13-3 football team in history and, like us, were goddamned awful at times. So we'll see. They added no free agents of note and nothing in the draft that will help them in '20. The Vikings, on the other hand, lost a lot and added a lot. So we'll see how it shakes out.  

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
It pisses me off because clearly the Vikings are the class of the North yet Cook, Zimmer and Spielman are still on lame duck contracts.
That's a bit of a strong statement to make of a team that went 2-4 in their division last year and is looking at unknowns for alt least 1/3 of their starting spots.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Carl Knowles said:
That's a bit of a strong statement to make of a team that went 2-4 in their division last year and is looking at unknowns for alt least 1/3 of their starting spots.
Good point Jimmy! But the Vikings were two plays away from beating the Packers and the Bears! That record could've should've been 4-2. No excuses, the Vikings certainly need to prove they are the class of the North.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:

Whoa there, Nelly. The "class" of the North? I might prefer another term. Yes, the Vikings are a contender. And yes the Packers won the division and beat us twice, so until we correct that, they are the team to beat.

Still, they were the worst 13-3 football team in history and, like us, were goddamned awful at times. So we'll see. They added no free agents of note and nothing in the draft that will help them in '20. The Vikings, on the other hand, lost a lot and added a lot. So we'll see how it shakes out.  
I rarely disagree with you, but will have to on this one. GB is the far better team on paper and the reigning champs therefore the class of the North. We havent  done anything to get certainty about being better this year other than the Pierce signing which is not a huge upgrade. My belief in this year largely depends on Kubes and Zimmer 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:

I rarely disagree with you, but will have to on this one. GB is the far better team on paper and the reigning champs therefore the class of the North. We havent  done anything to get certainty about being better this year other than the Pierce signing which is not a huge upgrade. My belief in this year largely depends on Kubes and Zimmer 
Not "far" better but everything else is right, so I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. My only problem is using the word "class" to describe the yeller team.