Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Harris has no comment

I think no comment would be any player's reply if this buffoon asked "how's the weather up there?" Did anyone notice Rick cringe when Tomasson got on the presser late to ask a question?

It was the best possible answer he could give. Tomasson is definitely cringeworthy.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think no comment would be any player's reply if this buffoon asked "how's the weather up there?" Did anyone notice Rick cringe when Tomasson got on the presser late to ask a question?

I think there is a general "Oh shit, here we go again" vibe given off by everyone in the room when TomASSon asks a question.

If Ant wasn't happy, I wouldn't blame him.  The team kept playing Sendejo when it was CLEAR (to me... and, I'm guessing, to Harris) that he was the better player.  Money is nice... but I'm sure he would appreciate some respect, too.

Quote: @pumpf said:
If Ant wasn't happy, I wouldn't blame him.  The team kept playing Sendejo when it was CLEAR (to me... and, I'm guessing, to Harris) that he was the better player.  Money is nice... but I'm sure he would appreciate some respect, too.
They respected him enough to make him the starter, they respected him enough to  consider him important enough to use the franchise tag on. They respect him enough to repeatedly say they want him back and that he is an important part of the defense. So at present other than paying him how would you propose they show him respect?

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@pumpf said:
They respected him enough to make him the starter, they respected him enough to  consider him important enough to use the franchise tag on. They respect him enough to repeatedly say they want him back and that he is an important part of the defense. So at present other than paying him how would you propose they show him respect?
I'm saying that they can't undo what they have done.  So, if he's less-than-thrilled to be part of the team, no one should be surprised.  Obviously that can be smoothed over (and cash helps with that).  But it's not exactly a sign of respect when they franchised him.  It meant that they could squat on his career until they figured out what they wanted to do.  Up to a certain date (not sure what it is/was) they could rescind their tender and cut him loose.  But, after most of the FA money had been spent, what good would that do him?

Quote: @pumpf said:
@bigbone62 said:
@pumpf said:
I'm saying that they can't undo what they have done.  So, if he's less-than-thrilled to be part of the team, no one should be surprised.  Obviously that can be smoothed over (and cash helps with that).  But it's not exactly a sign of respect when they franchised him.  It meant that they could squat on his career until they figured out what they wanted to do.  Up to a certain date (not sure what it is/was) they could rescind their tender and cut him loose.  But, after most of the FA money had been spent, what good would that do him?
Agreed. I don't think players take being tendered or franchised as a sign of 'respect'. Its a fail safe for teams to keep talented players in the fold without exposing them to FA or committing before they are ready. It definitely favors the team not the player. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pumpf said:
@bigbone62 said:
@pumpf said:
Agreed. I don't think players take being tendered or franchised as a sign of 'respect'. Its a fail safe for teams to keep talented players in the fold without exposing them to FA or committing before they are ready. It definitely favors the team not the player. 
Eh this isn't always the case. Some guys get tagged strictly to negotiate a long term deal after the team has made all of their FA moves. There are a lot of times where a guy gets tagged then negotiates a nice long term deal a few months later. Personally, i'd like to see the Vikes negotiate a 3 year deal where the first year is around $9MM per year but the average is around where his tag amount is positioned. I think that benefits both players as who know how much Ant would have gotten given his age?

There are certainly a lot of times where it's disrespectful, ie Cousins, LeVeon Bell, Von Miller, and I think Drew Brees several years ago.

Please someone disrespect me enough to give me a major major one year bump in pay with the potential of even more down the road,

Even then they probably had the discussion of getting some other positions addressed and sitting down for extensions with ant.