Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, About That Trade Up In The First
Reading
@peter_king article this morning and from Bucs GM Licht the Vikings tried to move way up in the draft. I'm curious who they wanted(Likely one of the remaining OTs).
[Image: EWnD3F5X0AA3qEz?format=jpg&name=small]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I just read that article. Had to be for either Wirfs or Kinlaw. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/27/bucs-were-frustrated-with-inability-to-trade-earlier/
I wonder if Licht realizes how much he screwed up my mock. My guess it was Kinlaw. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I wonder if Licht realizes how much he screwed up my mock. My guess it was Kinlaw. 
I got word from an "insider" the day of the draft that Rick was trying to make a move up for Wirfs,  this had to be that.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I got word from an "insider" the day of the draft that Rick was trying to make a move up for Wirfs,  this had to be that.
I can see that. But the drop off on the top end of the DT class and OT class was significantly different. Either way, trading up for one of the top 4 OTs or DTs was the only trade up moves that would have made sense. 

In hindsight, I would have made a Godfather offer for Kinlaw. 

I hate when teams leak info like this.

I was surprised Wirfs lasted as long as he did - I figured him to be top 5. I am envious of the 49'er draft on an already stacked team. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:

Not a leak. King was embedded in the Bucs war room. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Mike Olson said:

Not a leak. King was embedded in the Bucs war room. 
so our coach and gm werent allowed to be in the same room, but it was fine for the media to be in the bucs room?